Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCC00
Beginner

BLE Peripheral connection problem

I am trying to connect a BLE peripheral multiple times from INTEL NUC(Ubuntu 18.04). But it is not getting connected every time. It is failing in BLE services discovery and getting disconnected.

when I connected a USB bluetooth dongle(Laird) and tried the same, it works fine.

I'm using noble library for the connection.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SCC00, Thank you for your response. I will need more system information. Please provide me with the model of Intel ® NUC you are using, also, please let me know how you are connecting the "BLE" peripheral to the Intel ® NUC. This way I will have more information and will be able to have a better background of the situation. Let me know please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
SCC00
Beginner

Hi David,

Thank you for your quick response.

I am using Intel NUC7 Celeron Mini PC with model number NUC7CJYH.

I am connecting NUC with BLE peripherals using a nodejs application (javascript). I am using 'noble' library for the connection (https://github.com/noble/noble).

Thanks for your time.

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SCC00, Thank you for your response. First, I would like to let you know that Intel has not validated the use of Linux* in the device you have specified, you can have more information in the link below where it shows the supported O.S for the Intel ® NUCs: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005628/mini-pcs.html Also, I would like to know if what you are trying to do is to integrate hardware on the device or is it only software? This is important because if what you are trying is to integrate hardware, I need to know the type of connection it uses, this way I can check if the integration has been validated by Intel. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
SCC00
Beginner

Hello David,

Thank you for your response,

I am not doing any hardware integration in the NUC. I am using in-built Bluetooth module (AC 9462 ) and trying to connect a BLE peripheral multiple times, but it fails sometimes in the services discovery phase.

It is noticed that the NUC7CJYH is certified by Canonical on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS in the link shared by you. I will try the same with Ubuntu 16.04.

Regards

Subin

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SCC00, Thank you for your response. That is correct, my apologies; however, the support for Ubuntu comes directly from the Ubuntu forums. The same happens with any other distribution, please check with the distribution's support forum for more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
SCC00
Beginner

Hello David,

Thanks for your response.

I have connected an external USB Bluetooth dongle(BT851) to the NUC and tried the same. It is working fine. I hope it is not an issue related to the Operating system.

Please see the USB Bluetooth dongle I have used in the below link.

https://www.mouser.in/ProductDetail/Laird/BT851?qs=f9yNj16SXrJa4NB0X%2Fixxw==

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Subin

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SCC00, Thank you for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Remember, it is recommended to contact the O.S distribution support forum for more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation