Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BSath
Beginner

BNHE cannot find network or wifi adapters

I rebuilt a stock BNHE, eliminating the RAID option in the BIOS, resetting to AHCI. That allowed my m2 and SSD drives to show up.

Then I tried installing Windows Server 2016. I downloaded all of the drivers one by one and tried installing. Everything works except for network card and wireless.

Wireless driver gives me error on termination.

I downloaded all of the .inf's and tried doing a software update on all missing devices in Device Manager. That worked as well, except for the exceptions of NIC and Wireless driver.

I've updated BIOS to most recent version and I'm running recent version of Windows Sever 2016 standard edition.

All help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello BobSather,

I understand that you are having problems with the Wireless driver for the Intel ® NUC with Windows* Server 2016.

Regarding this, I will actually need you to provide me with more information about the system, first, I will need the complete model of the NUC you have. Also, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Regards,

David V
BSath
Beginner

David -

I tried replying to your email from both Outlook and Gmail. The reply address was to mailto:webadmin@intel.com webadmin@intel.com - and was rejected by both systems.

However, I did as you asked. Here is the dxdiag.txt file requested.

Dr. Bob

BSath
Beginner

Please note this is for the NUC7i7DNHE unit, not the NUC7i7BNHXG. (Same problems, but I decided to go with DNHE unit because it has Server 2016 drivers listed for it. BNHXG does not.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Correct; Windows Server 2016 is not supported on the BN NUCs. It is supported on the DN NUCs, however.

...S

P.S. You cannot reply to notification emails received from mailto:webadmin@intel.com webadmin@intel.com. For notifications regarding new posts in existing discussions, you need to use the link in the notification to open the discussion and respond there. For notifications regarding [instant] messages sent directly to you, you need to use the link included in the notification to open the conversation window between the two of you and respond there.

BSath
Beginner

Thank you. I learned more about the BN and DN modules today.

Knowing what the parameters are is good. I can make it do what I want it to do.