Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMora22
Beginner

BOXNUC7I5BNH - unable to wake from sleep

This is my second intel NUC. The last one was great about waking from sleep. My current one, BOXNUC7I5BNH, will not wake when in sleep mode by moving the mouse or keyboard or via waking from LAN function.

Note: the the keyboard and mouse are wireless (standark logitec system) so that may be part of the issue. To wake my new NUC I have to click the power button to get the computer to awake from sleep.

Additionally, I use Splashtop to access my NUC from my iPad (Wireless from the router to my NUC). Again I could use splashtop to wake my old NUC from sleep (via Ethernet) now I have to get up and go to the other room and manually wake the NUC by clicking the power button.

I have updated my bios (0069) and all intel drivers, Windows 10 is up to date.

I did turn off the s4/5 sleep on the bios per some requests.

Any ideas? I have searched online with no luck. The keyboard and mouse are strange. Thinking OS? Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Logitech mouse/keyboard set should not be a problem. If it works in normal operation, should wake your NUC too.

2. Could be that the problem of not waking from USB, caused by enabling Deep S4/S5 in Secondary Power Settings. The Deep S4/S5 is enabled by default if you have selected in Primary Power Settings, either, Balanced Enabled or Low Power Enabled. If Max Performance Enabled is set, the Deep S4/S5 is by default disabled. To see the Deep S4/S5 status, remove the check mark from your Primary Power mode.

3. The S3 sleep state is disabled also if you have enable Intel Ready Mode technology.

Leon

idata
Community Manager

Hello LostInPortland,

Were you able to review the information provided above?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
KLidd
Beginner

I have the same problem. I have disabled deep sleep and upgraded the BIOS but the problem persists. It is a well known problem with the product but there doesn't seem to be an answer for it? Any ideas?

Ken

AMora22
Beginner

I tried the above, but with no luck. It is frustrating as I have to manually hard reboot my NUC.

I would think that Intel would have a documented process to check/confirm all is well on the NUC for this issue.

Skuma68
Beginner

I have the same problem with NUC7i3bnh model.

KLidd
Beginner

​There is a setting in advanced bios that allows the computer to wake from usb inputs. I suspect that this may be your issue. Ours is that even when this is enabled, the computer sometimes wont, especially if you are using remote logins such as citrix.

Skuma68
Beginner

Thanks. I will check out the setting in Bios; I am not using remote logins