Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11870 Discussions

BSoD / Intel NUC D54250WYK + Haswell Graphics Drivers 6.14.10.5445

南昭弥
Beginner

I installed Windows XP SP3 in D54250WYK.

I could install almost drivers excepted the Display Driver.

I installed XP Haswell Graphic driver 6.14.10.5441 and 6.14.10.5445, but it shows BSoD after reboot.

STOP: 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Could anyone help me?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Blackwingcat, it is important for you to know that this NUC supports Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7.

At this moment there are not drivers available for Windows XP.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034034.htm Intel� NUC — Supported operating systems

南昭弥
Beginner

Thx for reply.

I see.

But Intel HD 4th Gen Graphics are partially supported.

So I installed it.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

The official statement is that this operating system is not supported by this device. I apologize.

南昭弥
Beginner

Well, I know the Intel NUC is not supported on XP.

But the Intel NUC is useful to Embedded solution, and this driver supports XPe on HSW ULT.

It looks like critical bug for me, does not it ?

If I install to this system windows embedded standard 2009, it works perfectly ?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22875&ProdId=3656 Download Center

JFrei4
Beginner

Haswell 4400 no XP/2003 driver... INCREDIBLE!!!

Hi...

I've recently been contacted for the upgrade of several computers in a small company (~20 PSs)

After surveying the market I decided for Upgrade the core PCs with a new Board+CPU+Memory

I've decided for boards with Intel H81M chipset, Intel CPU i3 for the Workstations and i7 CPU to the 3 Servers...

Bought the material, replaced the old material... updated the drivers ---> THEN... ---> BIG PROBLEM...

no Windows XP or Windows 2003 drivers for the graphics card... ?What... can't be true

I can't believe this fault from intel... this 2 Operating Systems still have millions of users...

There is no possibility of upgrading to Windows 7 ou 8 at this time... and no Will too... the installed OS's do the

job OK... and the users are happy with them...

Scanned the internet for some solution for this problem... but again...

I CAN'T BELIEVE INTEL HAS NOT DONE DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS XP/2003 (NT5x)...

Please someone point me to a solution... I dont want to buy 20 vga's just because of the driver issue...

Thanx

JFrei4
Beginner

I think this should be corrected and a driver for NT5x should be provided....

There are millions of PC's... that for many reasons must operate with this OS's...

ZEE

JASON_H_Intel2
Employee

IBIT.ZEE,

I can certainly sympathize with your situation but I doubt there will be an official Windows XP driver released for the NUC. I'm not involved with development, but given the fact that Microsoft is discontinuing support for XP and urging everyone on it to upgrade it seems unlikely there will be anything in the way of new drivers.

Jason

JFrei4
Beginner

I think this is unbelievable...

Not supporting an OS with several millions of users...

Users that are OK with their software... the major part of then only want more performance (read upgrade CPU)

and Intel is moving away from this users...

Not good...

For what I could investigate the problem is only in the video drivers...

Is it too much of a problem releasing a Windows XP/2003 driver???

Even small hardware manufacturers know that moving away from XP/2003 at this time is a shot in the foot!!!

I'm amazed that intel with lot's of marketing and sales people could shoot both feet at the same time!!!

It is nothing that cannot be corrected... but time is an issue...

I've already combined to return the purchased material to the supplier (alleged incompatibility problems with existing software) to got a refund...

But what I really wanted is that everything worked at the first try... like we were used too with intel products...

ZEE

南昭弥
Beginner
Jde_J31
Beginner

No problems for me when installed 6.14.10.5449 in a 3rd-Gen Core i5 vPro ( Ivy Bridge, Dev_0152 )

Probably this BSoD is a problem that occurs only in HSW Processors.

But a known problem with 6.14.10.5449: HDMI drivers are old versions, exactly the same as released in 6.14.10.5420 Graphics driver for Intel 4 Series chipsets (Q45, Q43...).

inf file is "IntcHDMI.inf", instead of "IntcDAud.inf" from 1st/2nd/3rd-Gen Processors.

Devices detected by "IntcHDMI.inf" are different from ones detected by "IntcDAud.inf"

There's no WinXP HDMI drivers for 4rd-Gen processors.

Most recent WinXP HDMI drivers are from 6.14.10.5437 3rd-Gen Processors with HD Graphics 2500/4000

南昭弥
Beginner

> But a known problem with 6.14.10.5449: HDMI drivers are old versions, exactly the same as released in 6.14.10.5420 Graphics driver for Intel 4 Series chipsets (Q45, Q43...).

This is correct.

See this picture.

These Windows XP Intel HD Audios are not supported on haswell.

So, I use Inbox Realtek Audio Driver.

But , the Intel HD Graphic driver should be supported normally.

Jde_J31
Beginner

According with "IntcDAud.inf" extracted from Graphics "10.18.10.3496" for Windows 7/8.x, there are two more devices, not present in 6.14.10.5437 for Windows XP; which one do you have found in your Haswell PC?

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807

or

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2882

(or none of them)?

What "Realtek Inbox Audio" version have you used for installing in your hardware?

All devices detected in "Device Manager"?

ico
Beginner

Same problem here, solve it using intel 5445 vga driver for XP from this site: http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/NF9J.html NF9J-Q87 :: JNF9J-Q87 :: Intel Q87 Haswell :: JETWAY COMPUTER CORP.

although USB3 driver is no good for xp, and no hdmi audio