Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
11776 Discussions

BT randomly disappears

ARina1
Novice

My NUC 10I7FNH2 every once in a while "loses" the BT device. It can happen in a ten days time, or after a month. I confess to let the NUC always on, putting it on stand-by in the night. 

When BT disappears, the BT device doesn't appear in the device manager list. The only way I have to make it reappearing and working as usual is to turn the NUC off, pull the plug for a minute or two, and then turn it on again.

Is there any way to solve this  problem?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @ARina1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following details?

1- Does the issue occurs if you power off the Intel® NUC at night instead of putting it on stand-by? If you haven't tested this, could you please try it and provide us with the outcome?

2- When the Bluetooth disappears from Device Manager, do you see any other device with errors on Device Manager? Perhaps an "Unknown Device"? Could you please provide a screenshot?

3- Did the Bluetooth work fine before or is this a new system? If this worked fine before, was there any hardware or software change that might relate to the issue? For instance, Windows/BIOS/Driver updates?

4- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

ARina1
Novice

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I answer your questions:

1) I prefer to put the NUC in stand-by mode every night to be able to wake it quickly in the morning. Moreover, the BT disappears once in two-three weeks on average. So, if I have to turn it off every day, I could wait for a long period of time before being sure that the issue depends on such different behaviour.

2) I do not see any error in Device Manager. When the issue raises, the Bluetooth section disappears completely (no BT device listed). At the moment I've not experienced the issue anymore (but I'm sure it will happen again sooner or later) so I can only attach a screenshot of Device Manager when there is no problem.

3) This is a new NUC. I bought it on October 2020.

4) I attach also the ssu detailed log as requested.

I hope this info will shed some light on the matter. Thank you in advance for your help.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello ARina1

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello ARina1

Thank you for your response.

After checking the Intel® SSU report, we noticed that some of the components are not running the latest firmware version available in our Download Center. In this case, we would like to recommend updating the Bluetooth and Wireless drivers, and BIOS version (currently BIOS on your Intel® NUC is 0038).

You may find the recommended downloads in the following links:

1. Intel® Bluetooth® Driver for Intel® NUC 10 Performance kit - NUC10i7FNH, Version: 22.40.0 (Latest)
  2. Intel® Wireless Technology-Based Driver for Intel® NUC 10 Performance kit - NUC10i7FNH, Version: 22....
  3. BIOS Update [FNCML357], Version: 0050 (Latest).

Please refer to this link for the BIOS update instructions.

If the behavior persists or for any other inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello ARina1

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello ARina1

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

If the issue persists, our recommendation is to reach out to Intel® Customer Support through phone or chat and review warranty availability for your Intel® NUC. Here is the "Contact us link". 

Please make sure to select your country or region and to contact us within your local business Support hours. Also, feel free to refer to this post once you contact Intel Customer Support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.