Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12525 Discussions

BXNUC10i3FNKN2 Audio Functionality

VikkoS
Beginner

I have few BXNUC10i3FNKN2 mini PCs and I am trying to play a video with sound but I can never get it successfully. There is no 3.5mm jack onboard and I have tried to feed the audio through HDMI port but I still hear no sound from my TV.

Is this particular model's chip doesn't have audio encoding? Is there any work around to get sound out of it?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Your NUC should play audio trough HDMI (see para. 1.5.1.7, page 5 in the Technical Product Specification)

Did you installed the relevant Intel Drivers. You should install as a first the Intel® Chipset Device Software  and  Intel® Management Engine Consumer Driver, reboot your NUC and then install the the Intel® Graphics DCH Driver. Now you should have the audio working. 

Next, you may install all other drivers manually or, download and install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, to download and install all other drivers.

Leon

VikkoS
Beginner

Leon, Thanks for the input. Sorry I forgot to mention I am using Ubuntu 20. Is there a driver update for that? Or I could just run upgrade from apt?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

But, to be complete, the 'N' in the model indicates that the NUC does not have a separate Audio CODEC. It has only the digital audio streams available via HDMI/DisplayPort.

...S

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @VikkoS 

Sorry can't help you with Linux Driver. Could be that this paper  How to Identify & Find Graphics Drivers for Linux* may give you some help. 

Leon