Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Bios update QXCFL579.0052 fails to install on NUC9i7QNX

I tried installing the QXCFL579.0052 on my NUC9i7QNX via both the Express BIOS update and the F7 BIOS update. Neither one seemed to install. The NUC continues to show the BIOS version as QXCFL579.0034.2019.xxxx.xxxx. I don't see any error messages and the update seemed to run normally. Any idea on what could be going wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hello odaniel

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide the following details:

1- The download link you are using to get the BIOS update files:

2- Screenshot or pictures showing where you are seeing the Intel® NUC keeps showing the BIOS versions as "QXCFL579.0034.2019.xxxx.xxxx".

3- Detailed steps on how you are performing the BIOS process:

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2- Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" dialog below the edit box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello,

I downloaded and reran the Express Update, this time taking screenshots of the current BIOS screen and saving the urls of the executable and the webpage where I downloaded it.

Interestingly enough the update process actually ran this time. Upon rebooting, I was taken into the BIOS and watched it run through loading the new firmware.

I guess it's another case of the phenomenon where once you call in a support person, things start working again! I confirm the BIOS version is now: QXCFL579.0052.2020.0717.1650.

Thank you!

Oliver

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello odaniel

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know that you were able to successfully update the BIOS to the latest version.

Since the issue is solved, we will proceed to close this thread now. However, if you need any additional information, please kindly submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos