Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Bitlocker is not available anymore after a Windows 10 factory reset and answering Yes to the TPM cache deletion at laptop restart.

Hi, I got a certain number of Lenovo E31-80 which use Intel PTT as TPM to allow bitlocker to not ask for PIN or password at startup.

I enabled bitlocker by associating it to Microsoft AD on them with no problem at all.

The issues shows up when I need to factory reset one of them to give it to another user. At the first restart after the windows reset a BIOS message asked me if I wanted to clear the TPM cache.

I selected "Yes" since I was planning to setup again the Bitlocker at the end of the PC preparation and I thought it was correct to have a clean TPM to use.

Unfortunately when I try to enable Bitlocker in windows it says that "the startup options are not correct" and in the TPM panel windows shows the Intel PTT correctly but the Initialize TPM option is grayed.

Clearing TPM again both from Windows and from BIOS, as well as upgrading BIOS didn't help.

Is there a way to get Bitlocker available again without PIN?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

I would contact Lenovo and/or Microsoft for support with this issue.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Al, I'm in queue with Lenovo right now and I bet Microsoft will say to contact Lenovo and Intel since in their KB there is no mention of this issue...

This is a borderline issue so probably no one will care about it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

If you do get an answer, come back here and tell us all about it.

...S

0 Kudos