Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Blinking screen and 4k Netflix crashes computer from TV source. Video card / driver issues?

I have a couple of issues. Here is my setup:

·      Intel NUC8I7BEH NUC

·      Amazon Basics CL3 Rated HDMI Cable

·      Samsung UN65NU8000

·      Windows 10 Pro

first issue is screen blinking off and on randomly

Intel Iris graphic control panel settings are

3840x2160 @ 60pHz

Second issue is

When I try to watch Netflix with the Microsoft edge browser the tv goes into a menu screen and says

“We are adjusting the picture quality for you to experience a better uhd screen. You can change the setting in settings > general > external device manager > hdmi uhd color.

Then losses connection between tv and computer and says

“Detecting device… You can easily control the detected devices with your smart remote”

The only way for me to get the computer screen to show back up on the tv is to remove the hdmi cable and plug back in, but then I have to go into tv settings and reassign hdmi input 1 as computer, before it works. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000029357/mini-pcs.html

I followed all those steps already

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28394/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=98414

I just updated the bios

I just tried to update the driver and i got this error:

https://imgur.com/a/m6kqrQL

Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC

Latest version: x.x.x.6444

Installed Version: x.x.x.6287

9 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello BNewm2, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I would like you to check for Windows* updates, if you are lacking any updates you may run into problems when installing the latest graphics driver. After checking, please refer to the link below which contains the latest graphics driver for your Intel ® NUC: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28437/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NU... This driver should work properly, however, it is recommended to do a clean installation of the graphics driver so please follow these steps: 1 - (While disconnected from the internet and having the latest driver downloaded and ready) Go to device manager. 2 - Expand the "Display Adapters" section. 3 - Right-click on the Intel ® Graphics and select the option to uninstall, make sure to select the option to delete drivers. 4 - Restart the system and look for the latest driver provided. 5 -Run the installation, if it succeeds then please try with the 4K to see if the issue persists, if it does not succeed then please take a screenshot of the error and attach it to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

intel.jpg

20181229_172133.jpg

I was able to update the driver and I am still having the issues. Seems like when i change the refresh rate from 30 to 60 its makes a difference but Microsoft Edge still crashes the video system.

I use edge because from what i have read that is the only browser that supports HD with netflix

I am not sure how to take a screenshot of the flickering or crashing but i added a pic of what the tv crash screen looks like

also, I have a HEVC MKV file, that stutters with VLC but seems to play perfect in MPC-HC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello BNewm2, Thank you for your response. If possible, please try to connect the system with another HDMI cable, this is just to test and be sure that the cable is not the problem. Also, I was checking and it seems like Google Chrome* supports HDR content so it should actually play properly. I would also like for you to try with that other internet browser for testing purposes. Let me know the outcome please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Can you please link me where you read that you can stream 4k in chrome on netflix? On Tue, Jan 1, 2019, 19:35 Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com wrote:
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello BNewm2, Thank you for your response. My apologies, double-checking the only browser that supports UHD content for Netflix* is Microsoft* Edge and also the Microsoft* Netflix* application, have you tried that application to see if the issue is present as well? Keep in mind that I mentioned that HDR content is supported in Google Chrome* but I did not say that Netflix 4K worked in Google Chrome*. Also, you did not mention if you tried using a different cable with the system, please test with a different cable. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello BNewm2, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. Were you able to test with the application? Did you try a different cable with the system? If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Everything is still not working properly. Its very annoying. The only work around I have found for the blinking is like degauss on an old crt monitor. I go into the intel graphic control panel and change the refresh rate and that “degauss’s” the screen and the blinking go away for a little bit

Yes I have tried a different hdmi cable

Driver version 25.20.100.6471

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello BNewm2, Thank you for your response. I would like to know if you have tried the system in a different display/monitor. This is just to know if the problem happens with different monitors or displays, if not, or if you can, please try using a different display. Also, please provide me with the following information: Description Be clear on the computer/application(s) symptom(s), undesired behavior(s). obtained vs. expected result(s). How often you see the issue (e.g. rarely, always) Steps to reproduce the issue/bug: 1. 2. 3... (Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix. A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.) System information Computer make/model, or if it is a Desktop the motherboard make/model. Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue. Attach the DxDiag.txt and SSU.txt reports (these are very useful as they can tell most of the computer configuration details) Additional configuration details: (Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue. ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc) DxDiag.txt report: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022556/graphics-drivers.html SSU.txt report: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- All of the information requested above is necessary for me to try to replicate your current issue, I understand that some of those details you have provided them before but please confirm everything here so I can work with testings on-site. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello BNewm2, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos