Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Bluetooth Completely Missing on NUC6i7KYK After Disabling in Windows 10

OK, I think this may be a problem that may occur on other devices than the NUC6i7KYK in Windows 10. I'm just observing this on the NUC6i7KYK. I've turned off the Bluetooth Radio from the "Action Center" controls because I don't generally use the radio. But after some time Windows decides that there is no Bluetooth hardware in the machine and will not recognize the hardware until it is re-enabled. The problem is there is nowhere that I can find that I can re-enable the radio. I have updated the Intel drivers for the Bluetooth (which install OK with no mention that Bluetooth does not exist). Yet after... Device manager shows nothing about a disabled piece of hardware nor will Windows see the radio if I use Settings -> Update & Security ->Troubleshoot -> Bluetooth (It says there is no radio). I disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS, rebooted, checked everything in Windows, uninstalled the driver, rebooted and still see no piece of Bluetooth hardware. Not sure how to get this active again.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Qboy61

Thank you for reaching the Intel Communities.

I understand that you would like to get your Bluetooth enabled and working again, for sure we can check on that to look for a possible solution.

This article has different methods to troubleshoot this scenario, please try it and let me know how it goes. http://bit.ly/2yDNrBC "Bluetooth radio is off. Please turn it on to continue" - Microsoft Community

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Esteban,

Thanks for trying to help. The link leads me to many things I've tried. Windows says there is no Bluetooth device in my computer and exits the trouble shooter. Normally when I have the Bluetooth shut off on other machines the Device Manager still shows the hardware. In this case the hardware does not show up on the computer anywhere. I thought that the Bluetooth is part of the WiFi radio and the WiFi radio appears to work OK.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I am sorry to hear the problem is still present, Qboy61

Please contact our support channel by chat, web service or phone to get this further checked and see if it is a hardware issue.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @6 https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @6

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Esteban,

I'm very disappointed in the solution for my missing Bluetooth. Apparently Intel can't warranty my unit (since the chat person seems to think it's defective) unless I send the unit in. In this case I will be without a computer for some number of days. This is not feasible. The other solution is "cross shipping" but my company's VISA billing address and where Intel needs to ship the unit are two different places and Intel will not do this (not sure why). I guess I'm stranded with defective product for now. I think that Intel needs to fix this issue. I send many products and parts for products in this cross-ship method with many other companies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Esteban,

Thanks, I got your Email. I am told that as soon as Intel has repair items available I will be contacted about this issue. Stephen on the customer service chat is now working this also (though not before falling on "it's Intel's policy" statements). Customer service needs to stand back a while and try to do a better job at interpreting the customer's situation. I will be waiting for an Email to get this fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Qboy61,

I am glad to hear you got in touch with us by chat, and also to hear about the case being handled to check the cross ship options for you.

I hope this gets done at the soonest so you can continue to use the product.

If you face further questions, feel free to contact us back.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Esteban,

I have the replacement working and my Bluetooth is back! :-)

I am confused about what I should send back. The new unit came with power supply and everything but the instructions say:

"Returning an Intel® NUC If you are returning an Intel® NUC product, please remove and keep any user-installed components (memory, hard drive). Please also keep the parts that were included in the box (power adapter and cord, VESA bracket)."

So all I should be sending back is the main processor/motherboard assembly?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Qboy61,

I am glad to hear you have Bluetooth working now.

Please return what is not needed anymore, if you received the power adapter, cord and VESA bracket, then you can return them (the "old" ones) because you already have them with the replacement.

What you do have to keep would be the memory, SSDs, and any other component that you purchased and added to the system.

If you happen to face further questions, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Esteban,

I have the same question my bluetooth is missing. What should I do?

Nuc6i7kyk

win10

Bluetooth 19.80

Regards,

Pan Chen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello chen.pan

Please proceed with the recommendations noted here, if the problem persists, contact our support team by chat, email or phone.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Has exactly the same problem with a NUC5CPYH on Windows 7 Professional.

The Bluetooth network adapter had disappeared after disabling Bluetooth in Windows 7.

No way to get it back in windows, whatever is done. (driver re-installs, booting, etc etc)

More remarkable was that a new unknown USB device appeared and installed itself as Unknown USB device.

Uninstalling this one also didn't help as it was immediately installed again as Unknown USB.

After some searching, someone mentioned completely powering off the NUC.

With the auxiliary power adapter "Power Off" means, disconnecting the power adapter as well.

Just as its the case with laptops where "off" is never really off when the power adapter is connected.

After a 5 second disconnect, the Bleutooth adapter appeared again with Bluetooth disabled (red) in the system tray.

From here Bluetooth could be enabled again.

It seems this is a problem partly hardware / software related but easy to solve.

Though it was a real goose chase to get to the solution.

Cheers!

0 Kudos