cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Bluetooth disappearance

Jump to solution

I'll admit up front that I'm a novice. Trying to provision a NUC 8i7HVB. I downloaded a group of drivers using the Driver and Support Assistant. All seemed to go well.

At the end of the process, I noticed that no Bluetooth was present on the system. Device Manager didn't have any Bluetooth listing of any type. So I downloaded the Intel BT driver 21.90.000.64.  Rebooted and still nothing. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit v2004 and I've had Bluetooth before this evening when all this started. My other Windows system uses a Broadcomm driver, should I try that? Is this a NUC problem or a Windows problem, in your opinion.

Thanks for taking a look at this.

p.s. How did this NUC model become an 8i7? In the NUC listings, the various builds seem to be either 7 or 8 depending on the CPU. Just curious.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Novice

You identified the problem. When I searched for Bluetooth in the Bios Setup, an unchecked box showed up. When it was checked, Bluetooth came back to life.

I am a novice, but I have built my own PC and grappled with Windows for some years. I have lived with an ASUS bios. So I am roughly acquainted with the guts of a PC, but I would not have guessed how to find the Bluetooth "switch" on the NUC.

Is there a document that informs on the NUC BIOS? The popups are useful, but I would like to acquire a better knowledge of the NUC system. What do you recommend?

Thanks for the tip that solved my problem. Very much appreciated.

Greg Schultz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

First of all, no, you can't use a Broadcom driver. Those support Broadcom silicon. You have no Broadcom silicon.

Second, have you verified that Bluetooth is not disabled in BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS)? If it is, the device will be hidden and not seen in Windows.

If that isn't the case, then it could be a hardware issue.

...S

P.S. It has an 8th gen Core i7 processor, hence the NUC8i7 portion of the name. For more information, consult this page: Intel NUC Product Code Naming Convention.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

You identified the problem. When I searched for Bluetooth in the Bios Setup, an unchecked box showed up. When it was checked, Bluetooth came back to life.

I am a novice, but I have built my own PC and grappled with Windows for some years. I have lived with an ASUS bios. So I am roughly acquainted with the guts of a PC, but I would not have guessed how to find the Bluetooth "switch" on the NUC.

Is there a document that informs on the NUC BIOS? The popups are useful, but I would like to acquire a better knowledge of the NUC system. What do you recommend?

Thanks for the tip that solved my problem. Very much appreciated.

Greg Schultz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @Kupuna

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We hope that the information provided by the community has been helpful.

Regarding your last inquiry about more information for BIOS options, you may check the BIOS Settings Glossary for Intel® NUC: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006028/intel-nuc.html

There are two BIOS cores for Intel NUCs, depending on the model. For the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK (NUC8i7HVB) please check the "BIOS Glossary for Visual BIOS Core" PDF document.

Also, since the thread has been marked as "Solved" we will proceed to close this inquiry now from our end. Communications in the thread with community peers may continue, but if you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos