Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11446 Discussions

Bluetooth disappeared on NUC7i7

Foresthill
Beginner

Yesterday I turned on my Bluetooth headset and got no sound.  After poking around I noticed the on/off toggle had disappeared in Settings/Devices.  Driver and Support Assistant report everything up to date.  After several searches I checked for Hidden Devices in Device Manager and there were all my Bluetooth items.  I tried the suggestion of deleting the device hoping Windows 10 would bring it back to life. No luck and now no Bluetooth shows up at all in Device Manager.  I went into Visual BIOS and verified that Bluetooth was checked.  I installed the latest drivers from Intel (22.2.0) and no luck.  Uninstalled that and rolled back to 21.120.0.4 and still no luck.  Windows 10 is up to date.  I have no idea when this failure happened as I have no needed my headset in a while.  Everything else on the system is working fine. 

At this point I am out of ideas.  Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Foresthill
Beginner

I was going through the topics in this board prior to posting my question.  I spotted one which seemed unlikely to work for me....unplug the NUC for 5 minutes.  After posting, I figured what the heck, give it a try, so I shut down, unplugged, changed for dinner, reconnected, turned it on and the problem was GONE!   Sometimes the simplest answers are the correct ones.  I only wasted two hours looking for a complex solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Foresthill
Beginner

I was going through the topics in this board prior to posting my question.  I spotted one which seemed unlikely to work for me....unplug the NUC for 5 minutes.  After posting, I figured what the heck, give it a try, so I shut down, unplugged, changed for dinner, reconnected, turned it on and the problem was GONE!   Sometimes the simplest answers are the correct ones.  I only wasted two hours looking for a complex solution.

View solution in original post

Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Foresthill, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that you were able to fix the Bluetooth problem by disconnecting the Intel® NUC for a few minutes and then reconnected again. 

"Sometimes the simplest answers are the correct ones", that is right, we are really glad to know the issue got fixed.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician