Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TDean
New Contributor II

Bluetooth stops working after upgrading intel 8265 to intel 9260 on Nuc8i7hvk

BT2.jpgBT.jpgI upgraded my intel nuc8i7hvk from an intel 2230 8265 wifi/bt card to an intel 2230 9260 wifi/bt card.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/compare-products.html/wireless?productIds=99445,941...

I have installed the latest wifi and bt drivers from intel.

the wifi part works fine, no issues.

BT on the PC cannot connect to any of my other BT device nor can they BT connect to the PC , devices include a android smart phone, an android tablet, a smart tv, a windows tablet, a windows laptop. All of these devices can BT connect to one another.

SO obviously its the pc that is clearly the problem here.

I have following the diagnosis steps from at least 5 websites all to no avail. I have uninstalled and re-installed the BT drivers. I have turned BT off and on. It says my nuck8i7hvk is discoverable. 

I am running win 10 pro 1903 18362.239

I have attached my ssu

any help or assistance will be appreciated . TIA

0 Kudos
14 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Is the WiFi functioning on both channels: 2.4Ghz and 5GHz? Verify that both antennas cable are firmly connected to the WiFi module.
  2. Check that Bluetooth is enabled in Bios: Advanced > Devices > Onboard devices.

Leon

TDean
New Contributor II

As far as I can tell, yes the wifi is functioning on both the 2.4 and 5ghz bands. I have acrylic wifi home and wifi tool and they show both channels working fine. And I can connect to the internet with no issues.

If the antennas cable connectors were not firmly connected to the wifi module, then i seriously doubt if the wifi itself would be working. So that indicates to me that the connections are firmly connected. I even used a small 1/8" wide by 1/2" length of thin electrical tape to ensure it was properly connected.

Bluetooth is enabled in the bios.

I've followed all the steps in these:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15290/windows-connect-bluetooth-device

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169

I've run the bluetooth troubleshooter:

BTT.jpg

ALL of the Bluetooth Services are started.

I've attached a .txt file with events from event viewer when bluetooth was installed last night:

LeonWaksman
Super User

The reason I've asked you if both WiFi channels are working is to ensure that 2.4GHz channel is working and its antenna is connected, since Bluetooth is using also the 2.4GHz radio.

One comment more - in Windows Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices, Bluetooth have to be set to ON.

Leon

TDean
New Contributor II

Got some additional info for you. see attached. wifi.jpgbt5.jpgBT4.jpg

TDean
New Contributor II

Here's the view from my phone. notice it sees the Hades-Canyon PC and says it is bonded? Does this mean pairer? But when i try to connect to it, it will not connect. Also when I click add device in bluetooth, it sees the Samsung TV and I try to connect to it but it fails too. the pics with the device is the samsung tv.Screenshot_20190725-145844_BT & WiFi Analyzer.jpg

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. From the image of Acrylic WiFi Home, although I'm not familiar with this application I can assume that the WiFi 2.4GHz radio works, So, probably the antenna is connected.
  2. On the image from your phone I can see that your NUC is paired with your phone, however, could be that it was paired with the previous WiFi adapter (i.e. AC 8265). Delete this pairing and try to find the devices again with the new adapter.

Leon

TDean
New Contributor II

Leon, I successfully unpaired it from my phone, and then it says it is available device , so I try to pair it back, it says pairing, then can't connect to the Hades-Canyon . Everytime I run the BlueTooth Troubleshooter, I get the previously posted image.

LeonWaksman
Super User

While you trying to pair again your phone to your NUC, you are requested to confirm this pairing on your phone too (enter password, usually 0000 or 1111).

Leon

TDean
New Contributor II

it never gets that far.....it just says "pairing" for a few seconds, this it goes directly to, "can't connect to Hades-Canyon."

LeonWaksman
Super User

It says that it can't connect to Hades-Canyon, because when you are requesting to pair from phone, in the same time you should have open Windows Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and confirm this connection. If you fail to confirm, after timeout you get this message.

Leon

TDean
New Contributor II

I don't think that's it. I was at that screen and it never came up with a pair device prompt. I restarted my phone and now bluetooth on the phone can

t even see the hades-canyon as a device even when i scan for it on my phone. my android tablet when it scans it also doesn't see the hades-canyon. on the hades-canyon when I add device it only sees the smart tv, no phone, no laptop, no nothing.....except for it calls unknown device.....

LeonWaksman
Super User

See my answer in other thread, may be it can help you in some way: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006RHNySAO

Leon

bdile
Beginner

Anybody tried blocking the pin in the pic below?

kRxMD
Beginner

Today is Dec 2020. I encountered exactly the same problem today. I changed my Intel Wireless AC 8265 on a NUC HAdes Canyon to an Intel Wireless AC 9260. Wifi is working flawlessly but Bluetooth is dead. Any progress on this problem? I am aware of Win 10 automatically installing the new drivers. I tried to manually install the Bluetooth driver but that produced more problems since some items showed up in the Device Manager as unknown but I suspect that these are those Bluetooth drivers. Managed to get back to less confusing state by doing a System Restore. Im thinking of going back to the AC 8265 or trying to tape the pin at the back solution in Youtube.