Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbrad13
Beginner

CAN I boost blue tooth range of a NUC Intel® Core™ i7-7567U CPU @ 3.50GHz on win 10 signal breaks too easily ???.....an arieal ??? thanks in anticipation Russ

CAN I boost blue tooth range of a NUC Intel® Core™ i7-7567U CPU @ 3.50GHz on win 10 signal breaks too easily ???.....an arieal ??? thanks in anticipation Russ

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. What is your NUC model?
  2. What is the range you are expecting from your Bluetooth? It is open space or you are trying to connect Bluetooth beyond the wall?

Leon

rbrad13
Beginner

Leon thanks for getting back,

Model is: NUC7i7BNH

Range is within a modern flat/appartment, "modern" in the sense the walls are not brick or concrete.

My iphone range is "miles" better in comparison and never drops in same enviro.

Russ

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Your NUC is equipped with AC8265 Dual band Wireless Module. This module serves both - WiFi and Bluetooth connections. The Bluetooth in your NUC is per 4.0 specification. Bluetooth 4.0 specification, adopted in 2010, has a theoretical range of up to 200 feet. This is only theoretical range. The Bluetooth is interfered by other wireless devices working in 2.4GHz frequency, by walls and other environmental factors. Practically the Bluetooth range is about 30 feet.
  2. You may improve the Bluetooth range, by using your WiFi in 5GHz band or buying a Bluetooth Extender.
  3. All the above is valid only if there is no hardware failure in your NUC. If your WiFi 2.GHz is working well, than probably there is no hardware problem.

Leon

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello rbrad13,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. 

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello rbrad13,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel