cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samit
Beginner

Can I update my computer's BIOS?

Hey,guys!

I have an NUC with the cpu i5-5250u and intel motherborad bonded together.It is not exactely an Intel's NUC5i5RYK or NUC5i5RYH,but made by an unknown OEM company.

But I guess that it has the same hardwares as NUC5i5RYK.

What i want to know is that whether I can update this computer's BIOS by using NUC5i5RYK's BIOS update sofeware.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, absolutely not. You need to get the BIOS Update from the vendor that produced the PC and its BIOS.

...S

samit
Beginner

Thanks for your respond.

That's bad news for me.

Actually,the motherboard of my NUC doesn't belong to any brands.It can't be recognized by AIDA64,but show "unknown motherboard".

So I can't get the BIOS update.

Intel's crescentbay motherboard always has a CPU with it,doesn't it?

So I guess my NUC's motherboard is also a suit of NUC5I5RYK's model,but a OEM version or test version.

n_scott_pearson

AIDA64 can only display information if the manufacturer actually filled in the strings for the SMBIOS structure.

Perhaps, if you send up pictures of this board, we can help you sort out who the vendor is (or whether this is the Intel reference board for Crescent Bay)...

...S

samit
Beginner

The message "GBDW1-VERB.B" can be seen on the motherboard.

Thanks for your help.

n_scott_pearson

Not helpful; we're looking for stickers on the board...

samit
Beginner

I don't think there is the thing what you want on my board.

Any way,thank you so much for your selfless help.

And I have found something what is more similar with my situation by searching "GBDW1-VERB.B".

https://www.win-raid.com/t1602f16-New-PC-Shutdown-after-EXCACT-minutes-even-in-BIOS-Bios-update.html https://www.win-raid.com/t1602f16-New-PC-Shutdown-after-EXCACT-minutes-even-in-BIOS-Bios-update.html

So we can end this topic now.

: )