Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Can NUC 7i7BNH usb3.0 provide enough power for SR300's IR to get depth streams

I use NUC 7i7BNH install Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I have a question here https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/1259 Install question Can't got depth streams · Issue # 1259 · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub and the advises I had been given is that maybe Nuc usb3.0 can not provide enough power, my condition is I have connect 1 wireless keyboard ,sr300,and a HDMI screen. What sr300 needs is 900mA/4.5W, and USB3.0 can provide more than 900mA as I know, so I want to know can NUC board provide

enough power for all USB devices connected to it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Look at the answer here for available power: MartyG can help verify.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor III

Thanks for linking me in, Al.

I can only speak in generalities about RealSense and NUC rather than comment on how a particular NUC board's USB ports will handle the camera. Statistically based on my experience of part reports, a NUC is likely to have a slightly higher chance of having USB power issues with RealSense than other desktop machines. I would therefore recommend using the camera with a mains-powered USB hub for greater USB stability instead of plugging the camera directly into the NUC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for both of you, AI and MartyG. I'll try your advice and let you know the consequence.

0 Kudos
Super User Retired Employee

Don't forget that almost every NUC has a (Orange) USB 3.0 charging port that provides 1.5A. This port will provide the guaranteed 900mA that this camera requires.

...S

0 Kudos