Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kHong1
Beginner

Can NUC 7i7BNH usb3.0 provide enough power for SR300's IR to get depth streams

I use NUC 7i7BNH install Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I have a question here https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/1259 Install question Can't got depth streams · Issue # 1259 · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub and the advises I had been given is that maybe Nuc usb3.0 can not provide enough power, my condition is I have connect 1 wireless keyboard ,sr300,and a HDMI screen. What sr300 needs is 900mA/4.5W, and USB3.0 can provide more than 900mA as I know, so I want to know can NUC board provide

enough power for all USB devices connected to it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Look at the answer here for available power: MartyG can help verify.

Doc

MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks for linking me in, Al.

I can only speak in generalities about RealSense and NUC rather than comment on how a particular NUC board's USB ports will handle the camera. Statistically based on my experience of part reports, a NUC is likely to have a slightly higher chance of having USB power issues with RealSense than other desktop machines. I would therefore recommend using the camera with a mains-powered USB hub for greater USB stability instead of plugging the camera directly into the NUC.

kHong1
Beginner

Thanks for both of you, AI and MartyG. I'll try your advice and let you know the consequence.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Don't forget that almost every NUC has a (Orange) USB 3.0 charging port that provides 1.5A. This port will provide the guaranteed 900mA that this camera requires.

...S