Got both recently. NUC has opdated with latest BIOS PATGL357.0041. I believe I have followed the instruction here Intel Optane Memory H Series Installation & User Guide to install but somehow BIOS can only see QLC 3DNAND but not Optane portion of the disk.
I assumed it'd be a message display glitch, so went ahead to install windows10, then RST, etc. During the whole time, never saw any indication that the system/OS found the existance of Optane drive.
Any suggestion? Or should I just wait for newer BIOS? Appreciate any help! Thanks.
Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel® NUC 11 Performance kit - NUC11PAHi5.
In order to better assist you, please provide the following:
1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.
- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html
- Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
2. Can you take a picture of the disk manager?
3. Can you take a picture of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology disk options?
4. Do you have any RAID configuration?
5. If possible, provide the version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.
Intel Customer Support Technician