Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Can i get AUX (analog audio output) form NUC8i7BEK USB type-c? Some smartphones has this future. Or there is no DAC? May be i can use external adapter with internal DAC (like samsung usb type-c to 3.5 jack). Which one can i use?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hello tipame

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this inquiry further, could you please provide the following information?

1- How many units do you have, and how many units would be affected by this configuration?

2- Just to make sure, when you mentioned "DAC" do you mean "Digital-to-Analog Converter"?

3- Why do you need to output analog audio through the USB-C port? Please provide more details regarding the configuration you are trying to achieve.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello!

1) I have only one)

2) Yep

3) I need analog audio on back panel - to connect to amplifier. At this moment i use aux from front panel - but its ugly because of wire stick on the table, but there is no aux output on back panel (poor design).

PS: already test with samsung "USB-C headset jack adapter" and it works! Sound quality eq to NUC builtin realtek DAC.

The question about using simple adapter without built in DAC still actual.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello tipame

Thank you for your response and the details provided.

Please allow us to look into the inquiry regarding "using simple adapter without built-in DAC". We will be updating the thread as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello tipame

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking further regarding your inquiry, we would like to update this thread and inform you that AUX analog audio output is only available through the 3.5mm audio jack in the Front Panel.

It is worth mentioning that we have sent your feedback to the proper team for consideration, however, we cannot guarantee if it will be implemented but we really appreciate your feedback and comments.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos