Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Can i use Intel® CNVi2 AX201 on 8gen.cpu 8750H ?

I have 8 gen.cpu 8750H that support Intel® CNVi and i use Intel AC9650 but i want to switch card to AX201 that support WIFI 6 and use Intel® CNVi2 is this possible and can this card work ? My laptop support dont know the answear to that.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted

AŻacz, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, even though you mentioned that you already got in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop and they do not have the answer to your inquiry, they are actually the only ones that will be able to confirm if in fact the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 wireless card is fully compatible with their system with their laptop.

In the following link you will find additional details that confirm the reason why they should be able to provide the information you are looking for:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

Also, in the next link you will see additional aspects about the Intel® Integrated Connectivity (CNVi):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026155/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

When i contact manufacture support and ask about this question they give me link to intel website with tech spec. about AC9650 and say that dont support Cnvio it's strange becose on this website where support member read the spec write it support it. Next thing what know for sure i can replace the card it's on laptop website on store that wlan module i can swap. The only thing i dont know is cnvio2 is require a diffrent port then cnvio.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

AŻacz, thank you very much for your response.

In reference to your inquiry about the CNVi2 using a different port than CNVio, we will do further research on this matter to confirm that information, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you replay and there are any news on my question ?

Edit

Yesterday if this help i was ask to cheack part in laptop so i also cheack the wlan card

Intel@Model: 9560NGW

T P\N: G86C0007S810

0 Kudos
Highlighted

AŻacz, Thank you for sharing that information.

Yes, I just received an update on this matter. From our side we can confirm that the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201card supports CNVIo as stated below, they can be installed into a standard M.2 Key E socket:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026155/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

In the link below you will also find the product brief of the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201card:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/wi-fi-6-ax201-module-bri...

For this scenario, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop again for them to confirm if the Intel® Wireless card if fully compatible with the laptop.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Huge thanks for this info. At this point i'm 100% there is no hardwerte issue to run this card on my system :) I will try to contact Razer and provide the info i get here to be sure the card is supported by them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

AŻacz, Tou are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Perfect, excellent, that will be the best thing to do, to get in contact directly with Razer for them to confirm that the card is supported by them.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

SO i contact my manufacture show this topic and also info from manufacute website and everything should work fine. So i swap AC9560 to AX201 and laptop dont boot on battery or psu. When i swap thje card back and make the hard reset laptop boot. My manufacture support dont know what is going on becose from their side there is no lock and from hardwere side everything is ok and compatibile. I have up to date drivers for my laptop firmware and bios. My chipset is Intel mobile 370HM. And also on few website i found the info that AX200 is a Cnvi card and normal is AX201 but on intel website is AX201 is a Cnvi and AX200 is normal so i'm bit confuse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

AŻacz, Thank you for providing those updates.

Regarding your question, yes, we can confirm that the interface of the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 card is M.2: CNVio2 and the interface for the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 is Wi-Fi(PCIe), BT(USB) as you can confirm in the link below:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=130293,189347

Now, about the issue of the laptop not booting, to try to fix that problem the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the computer, they confirmed that the hardware is fully compatible with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 card, so they should be able to help you in determining why the laptop is not booting and to provide further technical assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

i"m sorry i dont replay before i have little time. From what i cheack on the web forums many people have the same issue with swap AC9560 to AX201 on every attempt the result is the same laptop dont respond on battery or powerbrick like card block the power delivery. I contact razer before about this issue i give them link to this topic and ask about the limitation on swap card and i get this (it's only few lines from entire conversation) but as you can see from razer there is no lock to swa[ it so at this point i dont know where is the issue

[quote]System Support (13.08.2019, 20:04:00): Technically speaking, the WLAN you used should work with our laptop based on the specifications but since it didn't power on the laptop when it was used, there may also be chance that the WLAN was not installed properly. May I know if the BIOS of your laptop is already updated? 

Me (13.08.2019, 20:04:41): yes to 1.05 

Me (13.08.2019, 20:04:59): i have all firmware updates also installed 

System Support (13.08.2019, 20:07:30): Well noted on that. There may also be a chance that he WLAN you have may be defective since when you used the original WLAN, the laptop turned on. May I know if you have tried using a different WLAN or perhaps tried to replace the WLAN with the same model and check again on our laptop? 

Me (13.08.2019, 20:08:39): nope i only have ax201 i buy and have this issue 

Me (13.08.2019, 20:08:58): i dont any other card to cheack [/quote]

0 Kudos
Highlighted

AŻacz, No problem at all, thank you very much for sharing those details.

For this specific scenario, if the manufacturer of the laptop confirmed that the Intel® Wireless card if fully compatible with their platform and the reason why the laptop is not powering on is because the Intel® Wireless card might be defective, from our side, what we recommend is to get in contact directly with the with the place of purchase to try to replace the card.

Keep in mind that the only retail wireless adapters currently supported by Intel are the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth® for Desktop, and the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit. These retail products are intended to be installed in Desktop PC with the antennas bundled in the box. They are not intended for wireless adapter upgrade in laptop PC:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

So, at this point, the next thing to do will be either, to get in contact directly with the place of purchase to replace the Intel® Wireless card, or to keep getting in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop to confirm why their motherboard and components are not working properly with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 card and for them to provide further suggestions on this scenario.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yeah. Eaxctly same happened with me. I was not sure I could replace the card it's on laptop website on store that W-lan module I can swap

0 Kudos