I had a question few weeks ago. I've received a tip to install chipset driver first, then reset my computer. I did it with the linked driver (other chipset drivers not worked even if they support this gen of nuc)here .
This driver could be installed, but no other drivers. Especially, lan driver says "cannot install drivers. no Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer)
I've tried several versions of eth driver for this nuc (22.X, 23.X, 25.X, 26X). Also tried older versions (oldest available is 22.X ). Also tried to extract the .exe file and update manually. Nothing works. No ethernet connection can be established, no driver can be installed. The same thing happens if im trying to install a gpu or chipset driver, the same error message appears.
I've tried to download and install the recommended "bundle" driver package, the same thing happens.
Can somebody help, how can i install an ethernet driver and make a connection?
Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.
We need more information from your system to provide recommendations, please share the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results:
- Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
- Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
- Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
- To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".
Intel Customer Support Technician
The basic Ethernet and WiFi drivers are include in Windows, so, the internet connection should work. Is your Windows activated? Could be that the network devices are not enabled in BIOS. Power ON your NUC and when you see the Intel NUC logo, repeatedly click on F2 in order to enter BIOS settings. While in BIOS, click on F9 (followed by "Y") to set BIOS defaults. Next, click on F10 (confirmed by "Y") to save settings and exit to Windows. In Windows Settings, open Network & Internet and try to establish the Internet connection.
In case that you can't, you need install the Windows from scratch (i.e. clean installation).
1. I suggest you to reinstall Windows using the following method:
2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. This will install the latest version.
3. Your bios should be set to default settings. Enter bios (press F2 during boot) and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit.
4. With the installation media inserted into rear USB slot, power ON your NUC and repeatedly press F10 to get Boot Menu.
5. In this menu, choose UEFI option of your Installation media.
6. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation.
7. In para. 9 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought or click on I don't have a product key, Windows will be activated later.
8. Skip on para. 14 and continue in para. 15. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
9. Press Next and continue with the installation. I suggest do not connect to internet during installation, rather connect to internet and login into your Microsoft Account while you are in Windows. Your Windows should be reactivated automatically (if it is activated now).
-bios to default && uefi boot && format all && clear windows install
Everything is the same, in the network menu windows says (when im clicking on troubleshooting) that no driver found for ethernet interface. If im trying to install chipset driver then install lan / wifi driver , the error message is the same as it was (post#1).
-manual network setting not working in settings->network and sharing i can only find proxy, telnet(? in hungarian it says phone-internet) settings.
Also made a scan with ssu.exe, i attached it.
You are not following my instructions above. You should create Windows installation USB, using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, rather than again install Windows 10 version 1507 Version:"10.0.10240 Build 10240" . You should not format the drive, rather you should delete all partition to have one unallocated space.