cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Can' t Access RAID Configuration on NUC5i5MYHE

Jump to solution

I'm trying to setup RAID on a NUC5i5MYHE. I'm following the instructions here http://www.intel.eu/content/www/eu/en/support/boards-and-kits/000020938.html RAID Setup Procedure for Intel® NUCs but pressing CTRL-I just results in a hung post screen.

I have several identical setups using this hardware and they all do the same thing.

Unit: Intel NUC NUC5i5MYHE

Mainboard Version: H47797-205

BIOS Version: MYBDWi5v.86A.0030.2016.0527.1657

RAM: 2 x Kingston KCP3L16SD8/8 Modules (P/N 9905428-417.A00LF, 1600MHz DDR3L 1.35v 8GB SODIMM)

Storage: Intel SSDSC2KW480H6 & Intel SSDSCKKW480H6

Has anybody else been able to access the RAID configuration menu on this unit?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Can' t Access RAID Configuration on NUC5i5MYHE

Jump to solution

It turns out there is another step required to be able to access the RAID setup.

There is a boot setting called Expansion Card Text and by default this is disabled. Once this was enabled the menu worked without a problem. It would be nice to see either the article updated with this additional step or the next release of the BIOS with this enabled by default.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Htechnology,

I recommend you to try it with another keyboard, and before you start the configuration please load default settings on the BIOS.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
1 View

Jump to solution

It turns out there is another step required to be able to access the RAID setup.

There is a boot setting called Expansion Card Text and by default this is disabled. Once this was enabled the menu worked without a problem. It would be nice to see either the article updated with this additional step or the next release of the BIOS with this enabled by default.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Htecnhology,

Thanks for this information. Sure, I have sent this suggestion to the appropriate team.

If there is anything else you need, please let me know.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos