Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diver5050
Novice

Can't Find Overclock and Other Settings for Radeon RX Vega M (NUC8i7HVK)

I'm trying to access the settings that would allow me to overclock the Radeon RX Vega M. When I right-click on desktop, and go to Radeon Settings, then select 'Gaming' then select 'Global Radeon Wattman':

The 'current settings' and adjustment levers that appear don't seem right; they show a current/nominal GPU speed of 400MHz and Max 800MHz which leads me to think that these are configuration settings for the embedded Intel GPU and not the AMD Discrete GPU.

I'm not sure where else to look.

Am I missing something obvious here?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AGans2 

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. 

Are you opening the Radeon Settings on full screen? You should see all the options as shown on the picture attached, under memory you should be able to increase the max frequency up to 1000 MHz. 

You can also refer to Overclock Assistant Guides for Intel® NUC (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022058/mini-pcs/intel-nuc-kits.html) for more information.

NOTE: bear in mind that we don't support overclocking.

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AGans2 I was checking your case and would like to know if this information was useful? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Diver5050
Novice

Sort of. I realized that this in fact was/is the correct screen to use, its just not terribly straight-forward. For example the GPU adjustment by default only allows you to increment by a percent from its nominal level, not making it clear what the 'max' is or what e.g., increasing by 10% would do to that max. I realize now that if I turn off the % adjustment I can set explicit GPU speeds at each state by changing the values already there.

The link that you provided was to an article that discusses memory overclocking in the Intel NUC, but not GPU overclocking (or CPU overclocking for that matter)

Thanks,

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AGans2 Allow me to look for guidance for the GPU overclocking in case we have any. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AGans2 Thank you for waiting. Let me share with you that Intel does not provide guidelines to perform GPU overclocking and we do not support it as mentioned previously. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation