Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCunn1
Beginner

Can't get 4:4:4 color to output

In windows advance color it only does Ycbcr420 10 bit 4k 60p. I have a Samsung js8500 TV with UHD on. Up to date with all the latest updates for my nuc7i5bnk and windows with HDR.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
idata
Community Manager

mow4cash: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® NUC communities. We will do our best to assist you with this scenario.

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the information requested on the following link:

/message/319025 https://communities.intel.com/message/319025

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

idata
Community Manager

mow4cash: Thank you very much for providing that information.

Yes, we actually need for you to fill the chart in there with the steps you did and all the details requested in order for us to try to replicate the issue. We also need the SSU report, the DxDiag report.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Did you remember to enable the HDR support in Windows? This support is only present if you are running on the Fall Creator's Update (i.e. version 1709+, build 16299+).

...S

SCunn1
Beginner

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Can't get 4:4:4 color to output

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

nuc7i5bnk

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

intel

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

Samsung JS8500

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

16gb

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc<p style="margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-weight: i...
SCunn1
Beginner

Reference this ticket for the same problem

/message/510590# 510590 NUC7i3BNH HDR Graphics corruption on TV/AVR at boot, in bios, and in Windows.
idata
Community Manager

mow4cash: Thank you very much for providing those files and all the information.

There is a new driver version, it is 4877, please install that graphics version to try to fix the problem:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27355/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?pr... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27355/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?pr...

Regards,

Alberto R

SCunn1
Beginner

I will try the updated driver. Is there a reason why this page is telling me I have the latest driver? I'm a little confused. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/95061/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7i5BNK Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i5BNK

SCunn1
Beginner

Do you want me to manually install the driver?

idata
Community Manager

SCunn1
Beginner

Manually installed the driver and the problem still persists.

idata
Community Manager

mow4cash: Thank you very much for providing those results. We will start a research on this matter in order to try to find a possible solution, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R

SCunn1
Beginner

Thanks, I noticed after the new graphics driver update I'm getting random black screens for a second here and there.

mHoug
Beginner

it won't be the NUC specific driver he asked you to install so it will introduce the crapness that is 4k 60hz with it, only a driver with BN after it should be used on a NUC now

idata
Community Manager

mow4cash: I just received an update on this mater, please try to install driver 4849 from the following link, even though you mentioned you already installed it, we want to confirm if this problem remains with this version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26947/NUCs-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Int... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26947/NUCs-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Int...

Regards,

Alberto R

SCunn1
Beginner

The problem is still there after installing the downgraded driver from the link.

Edit: I also installed the latest bios 0060 and the problem persists. Is there a reason the NUC downloads page does not have the correct date for the bios? I almost missed the update because of it.

idata
Community Manager

mow4cash: Thank you for sharing those updates, we are sorry to hear the problem remains. In regard to your inquiry, the released date of the BIOS version 0060 on the web site is 11/22/2017, and that was actually the date that became available for download.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R
SCunn1
Beginner

Hmmh, I don't remember seeing BIOS 0060 made available the same day 0057 was released. The release notes are referencing December 14, 2017 for 0060. All the release date notes match the readme except for 0060. Are you sure the information is correct?

Thanks for looking into this, I appreciate it. I'm really bummed out the device is not meeting my expectations.

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi mow4cash:

The HDMI 2.0 specification does not have enough bandwidth for 4K/60/10 4:4:4. HDMI 2.0 can only output 4:2:2. at 10 bits but not 4:4:4

On the other hand, are you having green image type of color when you enable HDR?

Regards,

Ronny G

SCunn1
Beginner

Thanks for the answer. That is very disappointing news to hear. Do I have to run a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter?

After the latest Graphics update the screen is black when the BIOS splash screen is supposed to be showing.

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi mow4cash:

I made a small correction to my previous answer in order to ensure that the information on this forum is correct. The way I had written my reply may have indicated that the issue is with the Graphics System when it is an actual limitation of the HDMI 2.0 specification and it should read: HDMI 2.0 specification can only output 4:2:2 at 10 bits 60Hz, not 4:4:4. My apologies if my answer was not very detailed at least on the source of the issue.

Thanks,

Ronny G