I own Intel NUCBEH8i7 with Windows 10 64b.
Removed DSA with suggested uninstaller application and can not install it again.
The steps I'm performing:
- Download recent version of DSA from this page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html
- Try install the DSA.
- Dialog to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable pops up. There are two options "Repair" and "Uninstall". I've tried both, but nothing helped.
- I restart computer as suggested.
- Try install DSA after reboot, but get to the same state (Visual C++ dialog with repair or uninstall options).
If cancel is clicked - then I get "0x800070643: Unknown issue with installation." error.
Thanks. Updating to 1903 and will provide an update.
- Do you mean older Windows 10 versions are not supported by DSA?
- I'm using Chrome, Edge and Firefox. Can you please clarify how browsers and browser cache can be related with situation that DSA repeatedly asks to fix Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable?
I did two things here and I'm not sure which one had impact.
- Removed that particular "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable" package via "Add or remove programs". Rebooted.
- Upgraded windows to 1903. And downloaded all available updates.
After reboot DSA was successfully installed.