cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Can't power on D34010WYK in Akasa Newton H case

Hi,

I have just bought an D34010WYK to be used as a HTPC. It works fine in it's original case but when I switched case to Akasa Newton H I can't power it on with the power button, I can see that the standby light is glowing green and have connected the cable to the front panel header on the motherboard but it won't boot, when I switched back to the original case again everything worked again.

Anyone know what might be causing this or should I get the Akasa case replaced?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor II
1 View

Have you connected the Akasa cable right (see Picture 'Power On Cable) and pressed the power on button on the Akasa front panel?

The green LED at the back means that Ethernet cable is connected.

Highlighted
Novice
1 View

I connected the cable according to the picture you attached and pressed the power button on the front panel but nothing happens.

With green led I mean the standby led on the motherboard not the ethernet port, it's the same led that is visible on top of the original NUC case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II
1 View

Then I would check every single wire of the cable (and even the switch) with a Multimeter to make sure the cable is properly done/mounted.

Highlighted
Employee
1 View

I would also check for case protrusions, etc. that could short something...

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

Thanks, I will do as you have suggested and start with checking every wire in the cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

I have checked the cable and power switch with a multimeter now, there seem to be no connection when I push the button so I will return the case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II
1 View

It's OK. Anyway it's likely it's an Akasa problem.

0 Kudos