I own Intel NUC8i7BEH2 with Windows 10 PRO 64b.
Driver & Support Assistant detects there is an update for Graphics driver. All other drivers are updated successfully but not this one. When I click "Install Now" button after some time response is "Install Failed".
I've just uninstalled DSA and installed a recent one so DSA version is new.
P.S. I have recent Windows version with all updates. Also installed & updated all available drivers (including BIOS) suggested by DSA to recent versions.
- You have installed the old style driver. Now Intel is releasing new style drivers (DCH). Installing the DCH driver over the old driver is not possible. Please follow my instruction to update this driver. Later, once the DCH driver will be manually installed, you will be able to use again the DSA.
- Download the latest graphic driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28974/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NU...
- Disconnect the internet.
- Open Device Manager, Display Adapter section and right click Intel HD Graphics, then click on Uninstall. Check the Delete option. After uninstalling this driver, you should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver.
- Next, manually install previously downloaded Graphics Driver.
- Reconnect the internet and reboot your NUC.
Thanks for reply.
There is missing mandatory step between 4th and 5th steps: after uninstalled old driver I needed to restart computer. Without restart I was receiving "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." error when installing a new driver. Now everything works great!
Thanks for asking.
Suggested workflow didn't help.
- I've disconnected network, uninstalled and removed previous driver.
- To install a new driver I'm receiving "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." error after I click `igxpin.exe` file.
Is there other way how driver is supposed to be installed? Thanks.
After old driver was uninstalled I needed to reboot computer and install the driver only then. Driver was installed flawlessly. Thanks.
I'm glad to hear that you finally were able to update the driver.
Indeed, is important to restart the NUC after uninstalling and installing a new driver. I think is worth mentioning that this issue might also be related to the Windows 10 build, this was not your case but please note that most of the latest Intel® graphics drivers are only compatible with Windows 10 versions 1709, 1803, 1809 and 1903.
We will close this inquiry; but, if you need further assistance, please post a new question.
Intel Customer Support Technician
A Contingent Worker at Intel