I just got a new Intel NUC 11 Pro 1185G7. Upon installing the SSD and RAM I boot into Boot Mode by pressing F10 and select my Windows 10 install USB.
Once I get to "Where do you want to Install Windows?" I select the drive and get "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one".
I opened the command prompt by pressing Shift+F10 and entered diskpart then list disk then select disk 0 and then clean
When I click on next, I get the error "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible and restart the installation."
I am stuck in this loop and don't know what to do.
Any help would be appreciated.
I'm following you. But, not completely. It's kind of a temporary problem for both Intel Devices and the manufacturer of the OS.
Problem in a nut. Is the OS compatibility.
You can just read that.
Here is the programmer problem. The supplied SSD has no driver tales. And it has no idea how to communicate the ideal parallel parameters. I assume because of the RAID ability. You can watch the video for that in the second link. It does seem fun. And it takes a lot of work to get everything working. I have the same issue with the NUC 6. But, it just comes down to choosing the correct and compatible OS. Windows Server OS's are just that jumpy. I keep having this issue described in an internet article as if you are choosing the wrong operating version scale. FYI. Version Scale, or form is the Pro, Embedded, Home and Enterprise labels.
1. I suggest you to reinstall Windows using the following method:
2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. This will install the latest version.
3. Your bios should be set to default settings. Enter bios (press F2 during boot) and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit.
4. With the installation media inserted into rear USB slot, power ON your NUC and repeatedly press F10 to get Boot Menu.
5. In this menu, choose UEFI option of your Installation media.
6. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation.
7. In para. 9 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought .
8. Skip on para. 14 and continue in para. 15. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
9. Press Next and continue with the installation.