Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AWong29
Beginner

Cannot WOL with Intel NUC8i7BEK after shutting down ESXi 6.7U1

I have similar, if not identical issue described here:

https://intel-openport-v8.hosted.jivesoftware.com/thread/146358

I also have NUC8iBEK, with ESXi6.7U1 installed. Basically, if I switch off the power (at the socket) and switch it on again, Intel NUC will wake up with WOL / Magic Packet sent to the mac address of the network interface. ESXi will start up as expected.

But if I "Shut Down" from ESXi GUI.. the network switch seems to show the port/interface as "up", even though NUC box have powered down. WOL/Magic packet does not wake it up no matter how many times I tried, until I switch off the power completely off and then on again.

I have followed the suggestion to update to BIOS version 0056, but that did not help.

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
24 Replies
MFinn3
Beginner

Hi Ken, i read it and i am not blaming it on Intel. However, NUC is the perfect platform for this type of things and the fact that the whole 8th gen is not working with ESXi is a blow. Free users have no say with VMWare. Any chances Intel could flag it to them...?

KenF_Intel

Hi MFinn3. We have reported the issue to VMWare, but unfortunately we don't have any insight into their plans for working on the issue. Wish I had a more positive answer.

MFinn3
Beginner

Thanks for reporting it!

Free users dont have a say. lets hope they fix it..

MFinn3
Beginner

ESXi 6.7 Uopdate 3 is out and the issue has not been fixed!

I am so disappointed