cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MPeal
New Contributor I

Cannot enter bios

Jump to solution

Cannot enter bios on my 8i7BEH. Have tried procedure advised by holding power button for 3 seconds. A menu is supposed to appear on the screen and by pressing F3 you can disable fast boot. This menu dosent appear. Any one got any other ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Try again to enter Power Button Menu. This is the easiest way to disable the Fast Boot. I know it can be difficult to enter this menu since you need release the Power Button right on time, after 3 second but before 4 second shutdown override. Try this procedure:

Press Power Button for about 3 seconds (you may count 121,122,123,124). You should release the Power Button soon as the power led changes color from blue to amber. While you see the LED color , release the Power Button - NUC shall reboot into Power Button Menu. Could be that there is a bug in bios and the LED will not change color to amber.

2. If you will not be able to reach Power Button Menu, you may enter bios from Configuration Menu:

• Disconnect the power adapter and remove the bottom cover from your NUC.
  • Remove the yellow security jumper and close the bottom cover.
  • Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min, you will see the Configuration Menu.
  • Press F2 to enter bios and set the required settings.
  • Press F10 to exit bios.
  • Replace the yellow security jumper (pins 1-2) and close the bottom cover.

Leon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Try again to enter Power Button Menu. This is the easiest way to disable the Fast Boot. I know it can be difficult to enter this menu since you need release the Power Button right on time, after 3 second but before 4 second shutdown override. Try this procedure:

Press Power Button for about 3 seconds (you may count 121,122,123,124). You should release the Power Button soon as the power led changes color from blue to amber. While you see the LED color , release the Power Button - NUC shall reboot into Power Button Menu. Could be that there is a bug in bios and the LED will not change color to amber.

2. If you will not be able to reach Power Button Menu, you may enter bios from Configuration Menu:

• Remove the yellow security jumper and close the bottom cover.
  • Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min, you will see the Configuration Menu.
  • Press F2 to enter bios and set the required settings.
  • Press F10 to exit bios.
  • Replace the yellow security jumper (pins 1-2) and close the bottom cover.

Leon

View solution in original post

MPeal
New Contributor I

Thank you. That sorted the issue.