Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12513 Discussions

Cannot update BIOS. Computer shows noise after restart

mfalk118
Beginner

I have a NUC11TNBi7 currently running 0064 of the BIOS. When i try to update to 0069, it reads the Flash, and says hit enter to reset, after doing  that the NUC restarts, but then the screen just shows noise/"snow".

If i then disconnects the power, then it starts up afterwards still on version 0064.

If have waiting 2-3 minutes when the noise is on screen, but it does not seem that it will update.

Please help, what can i do? Thought maybe taking the BIOS version one at the time, but i cannot find any version from 0065 to 0068

br

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello Michael,

In this case I suggest to update BIOS it two steps:

STEP I

1. Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 . Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows. Download the TNTGL357.0069.RECOVERY.zip and extract the TNTGL357.cap file. Copy the TNTGL357.cap file to the root of this USB.
2. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the bottom panel from your NUC.
3. Remove the Yellow Bios Security Jumper. (page 38 in Technical Product Specification)
5. Insert the USB with the TNTGL357.cap file into rear USB slot.
6. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
7. When bios recovery is completed, press and hold the Power Button to switch the power OFF, remove the USB stick with the BIOS file, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper (pins 1-2) . Reinstall the bottom panel.
8. Power your NUC ON.
9. Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
10. Press F9(followed by Enter), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by Enter), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.

STEP II

1. Download the TN0069.CAP and copy it to the USB prepared in first step (replace with the TNTGL357.cap file). Insert the USB with the TN0069.CAP file into rear USB slot (your NUC should be OFF)
2. Power ON you NUC and when you see the Intel NUC logo, repeatedly click on F7. NUC will boot into storage menu. You should select your USB stick (mass storage device) and then the TN0069.CAP file. Click enter the update will start and end during 2-3 minutes.
3. When update ends, the NUC will reboot.

Leon