Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
11792 Discussions

Coming out of sleep fails

Aamos1
Novice

Hi

When I press any key to wake the computer up, it does flash its lights as if something happens but the screen never shows anything. I have 2 screens attached and both remain blank.

Pressing the power button for a long time shuts down the NUC and pressing it again, restarts it and everything is working.

Happened twice in the last 2-3 weeks, not every time I wake it up.

Attached report of the NUC.

Please advice.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Aamos1 

1. It happens also from time to time in my Hades Canyon NUC. I don't like it but don't have real solution to solve this. If this happens, I'm switching my display to OFF and then to ON. An other solution is to remove and reinsert the video cable from the NUC video port.

2. It looks to me that the AMD Radeon Driver is not updated in your NUC. The latest version that you can download and install is version 20.2.2   I'm not sure if version 26.20.15029.20013 shown in the Detailed Report isn't actually from the Driver Pack 20.2.2. 

3. Since there are some disagreements between Intel and AMD, the driver 20.2.2 is the latest that can be installed on your NUC.  However many users (me included), are installing the latest AMD Radeon Driver version 20.4.1 
using the instruction from this page.  So, if you understand the instructions, you may try this.

Leon

Aamos1
Novice

Thanks for the detailed response.

1. So you turn off and on and monitor and it works? I guess that and the cable connect/reconnect initializes something. I will try that the next time it happens.

2. I use Intel's driver assistance and driver booster and both say the driver is up to date. This is what I see when looking in the Radeon dashboard screen

Aamos1_0-1623403777833.png

3. If I understand correctly, you also have this problem with the latest driver so updating didn't really solve it.

4. Maybe it's one of the latest bios updates, the question is whether Intel is familiar with this issue for the next release. It started to happen only recently.

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Yes, you are right, the driver update didn't solved this problem for me.

2. Your driver is updated to the latest recommended version. Did you installed this version Driver Booster? That is interesting.

3. This problem wasn't initialized by BIOS update. I'm connected with the same monitor to few NUCs using KVM. The display, sometimes don't come up, after switching the video source from one NUC to Hades Canyon. The Hades Canyon in my setup is connected to the mDB port and DP input on monitor,  while other NUC to the HDMI - HDMI. I'm using DELL U2415 Monitor. I suspect that the problem is caused by monitor, rather than Driver initialization, since when I click on Win+Ctrl+Shift+B keys (Graphics Driver initialization), the problems stays.

Leon

Aamos1
Novice

I have a monitor connected through hdmi-hdmi and a tv connected using another hdmi-hdmi, both remain blank until restart. If it was a monitor issue, the tv would have work.

I will try what you previously wrote the next time it happens, in the meantime, I hope others will share their experience.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Aamos1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Aamos1
Novice

Hi Andrew,

To begin with, the problem happened twice in 2-3 weeks.

Since I posted this question, there was another bios update that I installed.

For now, things are ok but I prefer to give it some more time before giving a definitive answer.

Thanks

AndrewG_Intel

Hello Aamos1

Thank you for your response. We are glad to know that it seems the BIOS update is helping with this behavior. We will keep the thread open and we will be following up in the next few days. Please feel free to post back at any time to provide additional feedback or to mark the thread as solved if you consider the issue has been fixed.

For any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello Aamos1

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Aamos1
Novice

Thanks, for now everything seems to be ok. Hopefully I didn't open the devil's mouth

AndrewG_Intel

Hello Aamos1

Thank you very much for your response. Perfect, we are glad to know that now everything seems to be fine. Having said that, we will proceed to close this inquiry now from our side. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. We will be happy to help.

Sincerely,

Andrew G.