Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12513 Discussions

Components for NUC12WSHi5 (HD and RAM)

LucF
New Contributor I

Good evening,
I'm about to buy a NUC12WSHi5 barebone.
I would like to know if anyone is using it with the following products, that unfortunately are not present in the list of compatible products (https://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?EPMID=121626
- HD SDD M.2: Samsung MZ-V9P1T0B 990 PRO 1 TB PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe
- RAM: Crucial RAM CT2K16G4SFD832A Kit 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz

Could the products that are not on the list have problems with this NUC?
Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @LucF 

The SO DIMM kit CT2K16G4SFD832A is validated for NUC12WSHi5 by Crucial and appears on Crucial Memory Finder list. 

I can't find any compatibility tests results for the SSD 990 PRO. It is quite new product. So, if you get any information, I would like to know this as well.

Leon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello LucF,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have some questions related to the Intel® NUC 12 Pro Kit NUC12WSHi5.

In this case, I cannot recommend which products to use and buy for your NUC. If you cannot use any of the ones listed in our compatibility list you may consider the following:

1. Based on ark.intel.com the NUC includes memory and storage: 500GB Gen 4 NVMe SSD and 

2x 4GB DDR4-3200 SODIMMs

2. The RAM can be removed and replaced by another one that goes up to DDR4-3200.

You can use any product that is compatible and supported by the NUC even if is not on the compatibility list, the difference is that we have not validated or have any reports that those components work with no issues on this NUC.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @LucF 

The SO DIMM kit CT2K16G4SFD832A is validated for NUC12WSHi5 by Crucial and appears on Crucial Memory Finder list. 

I can't find any compatibility tests results for the SSD 990 PRO. It is quite new product. So, if you get any information, I would like to know this as well.

Leon

LucF
New Contributor I

Thanks for the replies.
@LeonWaxman, as soon as I'll try the components on the new NUC, I will let you know.
Bye

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @LucF 

Did you installed the Samsung 990Pro  on Wall Street Canyon? 

Leon