Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12540 Discussions

Connecting NUC8i5BEH to my samsung TV ue75mu8002 via HDMI, getting "no signal"

ziebra
Beginner

I connected my NUC to the TV via HDMI but all I see is the "no signal" message. Scoured some forums, tried turning on/off HDMI UHD option, tried removing/inserting the HDMI cable nothing worked. Tried lowering the resolution via CMD didn't work as well.

Stumbled upon a driver upgrade for HDMI at: HDMI Firmware Update Tool for NUC8i3BE, NUC8i5BE, NUC8i7BE (intel.com)
Trying to use the given "bobcat" tool as administrator I get "system connection failed" pressing check FW button, pressing refresh on graphics adapter isn't working either. Current graphics adapter is: "intel:"

Read somewhere that I need to install newer graphics drivers, so I used the Intel driver support assistant which recommended me some upgrades but none of the graphics related.

Any help how I could move forward would be greatly appreciated.

OS: windows 10, any other hardware/software info I can provide on demand.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ziebra
Beginner

Hello thank you for the response.

I connected my NUC via USB-C to HDMI cable instead of HDMI to HDMI cable and it seemed to work. Marking as solved 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @ziebra

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Is this a new Intel® NUC? When did you purchase the device?

2- Did this configuration work fine before or are you experiencing this behavior since the first day that you have the computer?

3- If this worked fine before at any moment, were there any recent hardware or software changes that might relate to the point when the issue started? (For instance, Windows*, BIOS, driver, or software updates?)

4- Are you using a straight-through connection HDMI-to-HDMI with a single cable to connect the display? Or are you using any type of video adapters, A/V receivers, converters, or dockings? Please provide details.

5- Have you tested different HDMI cables, or with another HDMI display? Have you tested the SAMSUNG* TV on another computer? Please provide details.

6- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

ziebra
Beginner

Hello thank you for the response.

I connected my NUC via USB-C to HDMI cable instead of HDMI to HDMI cable and it seemed to work. Marking as solved 

AndrewG_Intel

Hello ziebra

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know that after connecting via a USB-C to HDMI cable the Intel® NUC is now working fine. Since the thread has been marked as "Solved" we will proceed to close it now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician