Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Consumer Infrared Rx Sensor and Universal Remote Controller(Logitech Harmony)

Hello.

I have NUC8I7HVK(running Windows 10 Pro) and Universal Remote Controller(Harmony Companion with Harmony Hub).

I try to use Universal Remote Controller(Logitech Harmony Companion with Hub) to control NUC8I7HVK.

According to Intel, NUC8I7HVK has Consumer Infrared Rx Sensor. ( https://ark.intel.com/products/126143/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HVK)

Will the "Consumer Infrared Rx Sensor" of the NUC8I7HVK be able to receive an IR signal from any universal remote?

Please Help Me.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Hyun7605,

The Consumer Infrared (CIR) sensor on the front panel provides features that are designated to comply with Microsoft* Consumer Infrared usage models (RC-6).

The CIR feature is made up of the receiving sensor. The receiving sensor consists of filtered translated infrared input compliant with Microsoft* CIR specifications.

In my own experience most of remote controls CIR/RC-6 work but some of them maybe more limited in functions available.

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Hyun7605,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Nobody cares about IR control on Hades Canyon (Intel and Logitech)!

Use old code for Intel NUC 6i7KYK Skull Canyon (not 8i7HVK - Hades Canyon) in Harmony Settings!

Unfortunately, although 2 years have passed, Intel has not been able to find out what the shutdown IR command is (I have an old thread about this problem). Shutdown command put NUC in sleep mode.

I upgrade NUC Skull Canyon to Hades Canyon without any change in Harmony settings and it works because it's the same CIR sensor inside. Unfortunately I have the same problem shutdown command put NUC in sleep mode, no chance of seeing a proper shutdown

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Madox

Thank you for posting in the Intel® community.

As advice previously remote controls CIR/RC-6 work but some of them may be more limited in functions available.

Please provide us with the brand and model of your IR control.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I have a Harmony Hub and I wish to send proper shutdown command ( not sleep) via Google Assistant or Alexa (Power on works ok).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi SKang3,

The issue is with Logitech's database, which is messed up for all 8th gen Intel NUCs and claiming that these NUCs doesn't have CIR (issue also exists for NUC8i3BEK, NUC8i5BEK, NUC8i5BEH, NUC8i7BEH and probably also other variants in their database).

Instead of adding your specific NUC model, add the following device to get the CIR working with Logitech Harmony:

Device type: Entertainment Device

Manufacturer Name: Microsoft

Model Numer: Windows Media PC

Click "Next" to the "This is a software application"-message and you should be good to go.

0 Kudos