Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LPeek
Beginner

Control fan speed to reduce noise

Recently bought the Intel Mini PC Kit, the NUC8i7HVBV. I am still trying to find a setting that reduces the noise of the fan. Looks like I bought a vacuum cleaner! Can anyone supply me with the most effective settings that makes as less fan noise as possible. Too many options in BIOS for me. Hope to hear.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @LPeek​ 

Enter bios settings.

1. Advanced > Cooling, Set Fan Control Mode to Custom, disable Fan Off Capability, Primary Temperature Sensor - Processor, Minimum Temperature set to 80, Minimum Duty Cycle set to 20, Duty Cycle Increment set to 4. Nextthe Secondary Temperature Sensor set to Memory, Minimum Temperature set to 60, Minimum Duty Cycle set to 20, Duty Cycle Increment set to 4.
  2. If you want even more quiet NUC, disable Intel Turbo Boost Technology in Advanced > Performance.
  3. Press F10 followed by "Y" to save settings and exit to Windows.

Leon

Trial-Member
New Contributor III

This seems to be a "basic setting" for i5/i7.

But ... the NUC is still far away from being quiet.

LPeek
Beginner

Hello, Thanks for your answer. Going to follow your suggestion. Thanks again. Regards Lex

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello LPeek, We would like to know if the recommendations provided on this thread were helpful for your unit. Trial-Member, If you are experiencing the same issue, please review these recommendations: 1- Inspect the fan to check if something is obstructing the fan. 2- Try cleaning the unit with compressed air. 3- Undo any hardware or BIOS changes that may be causing the issue. 4- Inspect for signals of physical damage. 5- Try selecting a different fan control mode. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello LPeek, I hope you found the information provided helpful. We will be glad to help you if you have any further questions. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation