Installed Windows 10 Pro on an Intel NUC8i3BEK (see ‘system summary’ immediately after installation). Monitor is BenQ GW2280.
After running windows updates the display become corrupt and the system unusable (see ‘Corrupt Display’).
So I re-installed windows, did not connect to the internet so windows updates can’t run and manually installed Intel Graphics Driver. I have tried installing the following drivers, but the display gets corrupt and unusable (have to re-install Win all over). (See 'Installation of driver" showing when it goes corrupt).
184.108.40.20676 – Latest driver
220.127.116.1141 – (I selected this driver because I did another installation on the same model of NUC and it updated fine with this driver).
1. Install the Intel® Management Engine
2. Install the Intel® Chipset Device Software . Reboot your NUC.
3. From Apps and Features, uninstall the currently installed Graphics Driver. Reboot your NUC again.
4. Install the latest Intel DCH Graphics Driver version 18.104.22.16876
5. FYI, there is a new version of BIOS Version: 0083 ( this is four version newer BIOS, from the one you have installed). So, better update your BIOS.
1.) Same thing happened when i tried your suggestion.
2.) I updated BIOS first then tried again - same thing.
3.) Finally tried installing the older software (22.214.171.12441) - that worked!
So looks like Chipset, Intel M Engine & BIOS need to be installed first then Driver 8141 works.
Thanks for your help - this was so frustrating and was wasting so much of my time!