Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NMor
Beginner

D54250WYK fan replacement part

My D54250WYK NUC kit is working well, but recently the fan started making grinding/ruddering noises. I want to replace it. I think I can manage the physical replacement, but I'm not sure what part I should order and where. Any help will be appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @NMor​ 

1. I don't know the P/N for this blower, but I have link to a video that can help you to understand how to replace this blower and how it is looking. You probably may find such blower on Ebay. You may also disassemble your NUC and see what is the P/N. You may also see that the blower propeller is touching the housing and fix this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EPZQUaJozk&t=30s
  2. If you have wireless adapter installed, do not forget to disconnect the antennas before pulling out the board. You may also remove the wireless with the antennas connected instead of disconnecting this small connectors.

Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

There are also a number of fan and blower vendors on the internet from which you can purchase replacements. I have also seen these blowers offered for sale on Amazon.

...S