Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12538 Discussions

DC Input Voltage Supported

Louis-Philippe
Beginner

Hello Intel NUC forum group, 

We use the NUC par number : NUC10i3FNBN

Some information about the DC Input Voltage Supported by this part number mention about the power requirements is 19VDC. The input Range look like between 12 to 19VDC. 

Baseboard Power Requirements
• 19V, 90W AC-DC power adapter
with detachable power cord.
• 12-19V DC input range

We use too this NUC : P/N : NUC8i3PNB

This NUC use a DC Input Voltage between 12-24VDC.

Can you tell me if the NUC10i3FNBN can be powered also up to 24VDC? is the maximum limit for the NUC10i3FNBN really limited to 19VDC?

Many Thanks for your feedback !

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, the Frost Canyon (FN) NUC family members cannot be powered using 24V power supplies. They require a power supply that delivers 19V (+/-10%).

No, it does not say anything to the contrary on the Intel site; it specifically says 19V (I checked the Specifications (ARK) and Product site entries and also both of the FN NUC family Technical Product Specifications). 

It is true that the PN NUC family supports a supply that delivers 12-24V (+/-5%). This larger range is supported in this family because it is part of the NUC Pro series (whereas the FN NUC family is part of the NUC Performance series).

Hope this covers it,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, the Frost Canyon (FN) NUC family members cannot be powered using 24V power supplies. They require a power supply that delivers 19V (+/-10%).

No, it does not say anything to the contrary on the Intel site; it specifically says 19V (I checked the Specifications (ARK) and Product site entries and also both of the FN NUC family Technical Product Specifications). 

It is true that the PN NUC family supports a supply that delivers 12-24V (+/-5%). This larger range is supported in this family because it is part of the NUC Pro series (whereas the FN NUC family is part of the NUC Performance series).

Hope this covers it,

...S

Louis-Philippe
Beginner

Hi Scott, 

Many many thanks for your feedback. It's very appreciated !

This clear information's close the discussion in my side !

Best, 

Louis-Philippe