Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mHoug
Beginner

DCH Drivers

i know in the past you stated no date but it's getting a little out of hand on the time frame now, it's almost as if you have abandoned the nuc7 range, every set i have tried get hits by the same screen flashing bug you plagued us with for 5 months before fixing

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I am not sure what you are talking about. The DCH drivers on my 7th gen nucs install fine. If you have a specific problem, describe it in detail.

Otherwise, here is my procedure for installing DCH drivers: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Fm2ngSAB/how-to-install-the-dch-driver?language=en_US

Doc

mHoug
Beginner

pretty sure this is explaining my problem "get hits by the same screen flashing bug you plagued us with for 5 months before fixing" anyone from Intel should be aware of this

never once said I couldn't install I said they suffer the same bug of screen flashing that all the driver versions used to suffer from before Intel fixed them, so until a NUC specific version is released i cannot use them, most recent version i can use without screen flashing is dated sept/18 , and when you have a piece of software that requires the DCH driver and one hasn't been made available for 6 months it gets frustrating for a machine just over 2 years old now

do you use your nuc for 4k as i am unable to have 4k set with the DCH drivers without constant screen flashes and handshake problems which renders it useless, which is the same problem the non DCH drivers suffered from for 5 - 6 months before we got specific NUC7_BN drivers

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Which version of the DCH driver package do you have installed? I installed version 6618 onto my BN, DN and BE NUCs. I am also using a Samsung 4K TV (UN40MU6290) as my monitor and am connecting at 60Hz. I am not seeing the screen flashing issue on either of these 7th gen NUCs or on the 8th gen NUC.

Just saying,

...S

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mHoug, Were you able to review the information provided on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
mHoug
Beginner

HI there

i finally found the time to do some testing again on this and used this version of the driver for it (Version: 25.20.100.6618), installed as normal but this time the desktop was stable at 2160P 60hz but when ever i tried to launch chrome, kodi or powerdvd the screen would start blacking out and causing multiple resyncs and would never become stable till i alt f4'd out of it, reverting back to the old driver Version: 24.20.100.6286 and everything works as expected except the software that required the DCH driver, the software is a private test i am doing for someone and NUC's are a requirement for it

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mHoug, Thank you for your response. By any chance, could you please provide more information about the software you are testing on this unit? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
mHoug
Beginner

the software isn't the problem other than it requires DCH drivers(all other Intel based systems he uses it works on) , the problem is that DCH drivers don't work with the NUC7i7BNK and returns us to when it was first released and that it cannot maintain a stable display, constant black screens, resync's and generally unusable at 4k resolutions, return to the last driver posted for the nuc and it works but it's not DCH so he can't use the NUC's currently

AlHill
Super User

"the problem is that DCH drivers don't work with the NUC7i7BNK "

Rubbish. DCH driver installed without a problem on my 7i7BNK.

Also, what is it that "requires" DCH drivers? They have been out a very short period of time.

Have him use my procedure here to COMPLETELY uninstall ALL previous drivers, and install the DCH driver.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Fm2ngSAB/how-to-install-the-dch-driver?language=en_US

Doc

mHoug
Beginner

what resolution and what purpose do you use them for?

it's custom advertising screens and point of sale devices, it his own company and software

have also done clean installs and had zero other drivers install before and same outcome every time, the display is unstable at 4k 60hz resolutions

AlHill
Super User

Let us solve one problem at a time. You said "the problem is that DCH drivers don't work with the NUC7i7BNK and returns us to when it was first released "

Is that correct? You are jumping around the problem. Would it hurt you to follow my procedure and get past at least one of your problems? You really do not seem interested in making any progress.

And, again, what software is it that requires DCH drivers that have been released for only several months?

Let us start making some progress here.

Doc

mHoug
Beginner

right so a clean install of windows nothing installed and install the DCH drivers no other driver gets installed as it's a stripped windows 10 disk of all stock drivers that takes care of the install procedure, they install and everything seems fine, then all of a sudden the screen starts going black and causing the HDMI to resync, if i launch Kodi or Chrome or netflix then it gets even worse and is constant so i have to alt f4 to desktop then it becomes intermittent again if i install the latest _BN driver as mentioned below it all works fine

this is exactly the same problem the NUC7's suffered on release with the intel drivers and was only fixed when a _BN driver was supplied, this problem was due to the LSPCON chip they used to convert from display port to HDMI 2.0, can't believe people have forgotten the 5 - 6 months of testing drivers and helping get to the bottom of it

i don't know how many times i have to mention the software is private and it is written to use the latest builds of windows 10 and DCH drivers all other platforms that are not a NUC7 work

so now kindly answer my question what resolutions and purpose do you use your nuc's?

AlHill
Super User

Are you saying that after a clean install of W10, THE MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER was the only driver installed? I do not see how that is possible unless a) you had the nuc disconnected from the net, or b), you were EXTREMELY fast at installing the DCH driver. Also, where is this " returns us to when it was first released"?

You still have not followed my procedure.

And, there could not possibly be a problem with his home grown app. What is it in his app that requires DCH? It seems rather limiting, when he could be using the standard driver (which you say works) in the interim (assuming there is a problem with the DCH driver).

Sorry, but this is whole case is very hard to follow and makes no sense. I have told you my nuc works fine, and another user in this thread told you of his experience on multiple nucs at 4k with the DCH driver. You seem focused on a problem from months and months ago., rather than examining other possible causes.

It may be the DCH driver. But, I would have to be convinced as I do not see it.

Doc (no longer following this thread)

mHoug
Beginner

adding comments as you dont seem to understand either

Are you saying that after a clean install of W10, THE MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER was the only driver installed? yup i am

I do not see how that is possible unless a) you had the nuc disconnected from the net, you typed your own answer

You still have not followed my procedure. i don't need to as no other driver is there to uninstall

And, there could not possibly be a problem with his home grown app. What is it in his app that requires DCH? It seems rather limiting, when he could be using the standard driver (which you say works) in the interim (assuming there is a problem with the DCH driver). the app isn't even installed as the driver doesn't work, why he is doing it this way i don't know but all other Intel based systems he uses work except the NUC7 and from my testing and experiance owning one it is the same bug that was at the start of the nucs life anything at 4k 60hz caused the screen to black and resync constnatly

Sorry, but this is whole case is very hard to follow and makes no sense. I have told you my nuc works fine, and another user in this thread told you of his experience on multiple nucs at 4k with the DCH driver. You seem focused on a problem from months and months ago., rather than examining other possible causes. yes i have typed badly and had external factors making me more short fused of late no excuse but it is what it is now, but the gist of it is now all in the thread and i am focus'd on the problem from months ago as to me it is doing the exact same thing and i can replicate it time and time again with the old non DCH drivers with the problem and the DCH drivers all of them released so far and can cure it by installing any of the NUC specific _BN driver which is not DCH

It may be the DCH driver. But, I would have to be convinced as I do not see it.

Doc (no longer following this thread) fine by me

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

So I will step in here again. As I said before,  I installed version 6618 onto my BN, DN and BE NUCs. I am also using a Samsung 4K TV (UN40MU6290) as my monitor and am connecting at 60Hz. I am not seeing the screen flashing issue on either of these 7th gen NUCs or on the 8th gen NUC, regardless of the software utilized. I use Chrome all the time and it runs just fine. In fact, I am using the BN system currently and generating this response from within Chrome, on my 40" 4K TV, running at 60Hz, on Windows 10 Pro 1809 with all latest updates.

Perhaps we need to look at the differences between our systems...

...S

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mHoug, Regarding your concern about Windows DCH drivers for Intel® NUC products, we do not know when or if Intel will release a DCH specific graphics driver for these models. However, I will provide your feedback to the product team. From our side, you can test the generic drivers for the Intel® HD Graphics, but if there are any issues, we recommend using the driver validated for your system (https://downloadcenter.intel.com). If the issue is only with a specific application or software (software is a private test), you might want to contact the manufacturer/developer for support since this is the only application affected. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation