Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DH55HC Fan detection not working properly, help!

On Win 7 x64, with DH55HC mobo and Core i5-750 CPU. Since I updated to the latest BIOS (published 3/27/2010), my motherboard (both in the BIOS and when in the OS through the Intel Desktop Utilites only shows that I have a rear fan hooked up and running. The opposite is true. I have a CPU fan hooked up and a front fan hooked up. The front fan, from what I can tell is running, and the CPU fan is not running. However, IDU and the BIOS only register a rear fan running....but there isn't one hooked up. Tried checking all physical connections and all appear to be correct. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

What BIOS version are you using? According to Intel, the latest BIOS for the DH55HC is "0028 12/1/2009" http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18509&lang=eng link

Did you have this problem before updating tthe bios?

If your CPU fan is not running the cpu will be damaged.

idata
Community Manager

My bad. I was using that one. Its the only one I've ever had. Actually, my CPU temp is about 29 degrees C, and the fan is now running, but it is still not being detected and the BIOS is still detecting the input fan as the out take fan.

idata
Community Manager

You could try clearing the CMOS or back flashing to the previous revision of the BIOS. The latest revision is not too recent so hopefully they will release a new rev. soon.