Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MKhol
Novice

DN2820FYKH DTS-HD?

I've setup my 2820 NUC kit, and under supported audio formats in windows 8.1 DTS-HD is not listed. I've installed all the drivers provided in the NUC driver bundle at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3782&DwnldID=23418&ProductFamily=Desk... Download Center , and attempted to install the ME driver at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23091&keyword=intel+management+engin... Download Center , but I'm still unable to do DTS-HD passthrough. Is there a driver available for the 2820 that allows this?

The product spec at http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23417/eng/DN2820FY_TechProdSpec01.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23417/eng/DN2820FY_TechProdSpec01.pdf lists DTS-HD as a feature of this kit.

Thanks for any help!

113 Replies
AGroe1
New Contributor I

DTS is no problem, we are discussing DTS-HD over HDMI. This is not working in Windows 8.1.

BCato
Novice

This is the reason i purchased three of these as well, since they are supposed to be designed to be HTPC's, but they cannot even bitstream HD Audio??

BCato
Novice

Any update on this? i noticed when installing the latest BIOS (0028) that something on the screen said Intel Management Engine. Does this mean a IME Driver release might be coming soon?

DPapa1
Beginner

I have also bought nuc 2820 to use it with win 8.1 as my main htpc along with an dts-hd capable onkyo receiver. Since openelec can bitstream hd audio I think it's a shame windows can't. Please give that missing driver so that we can use our nuc proprerly.

JSkau
New Contributor II

May I ask what has been your testing platform/software for DD+ besides Netflix metro app? Some/most applications do not require Protected Audio Path (PAP) for DD+ bitstreaming, and some do internal transcoding to "regular" DD.

DAsch
Beginner

Has this issue been resolved?

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

DAsch
Beginner

I'm asking pre-purchase.

iatia
Beginner

Hi sylvia,

does the bios update solve the problem of no dts-hd ?

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

These are the fixes included on version 0032. I cannot assure you this BIOS will fix your issue, but it might do it.

iatia
Beginner

Ok, so has anyone checked this BIOS update to see if it solves the problem of no dts-hd?

JRuda
Beginner

I just wanted to say that I'm running 0034 and I'm still having these issues. No HD formats supported.

iatia
Beginner

Me too . I downloaded and installed it and nothing changed - still no hd-sound.

Feels like we were mislead by Intel. The product description says it supports hd-sound, too bad Intel does not stand behind what it says, and still doesn't take care of this issue.

That's a shame.

DAsch
Beginner

DN2820FYKH This issue is delaying my purchase. Is there any evidence that HD audio formats work under Windows 8.1? Does Intel acknowledge the issue? Is there a bug report?

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Guys, this issue has been reported to our engineering team and they are currently working to get it resolved. I still do not have an estimate time of resolution but you can keep checking this post for updates.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Guys, have you tried using Windows audio drivers instead of Intel's? If you did, would you please share your findings with us?

JRuda
Beginner

I just tried Microsoft's "High Definition Audio Device" driver. Same problem still, even after a reboot.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Jinwa, thanks so much for reporting this to us. I will forward this to the Engineering Team

HvanD1
Beginner

And yes, i too have fallen for this "ideal" mediamachine, but boy am i wrong..

It just won't play Netflix in DD 5.1 (via the Win 8.1 App). Got all the latest Bios/Drivers/Updates installed, but alas, just like all of you in here; no 5.1 output over my HDMi (towards my Marantz 7.1 True HD Receiver). Only Stereo. The DD 5.1 stream stutters 1-2 FPS and finally crashes.

Xbmc and other media players will play 5.1 without any problems, but Netflix won't. I did (a lot of) research and my opinion is that the missing Intel Engine Management Driver for Windows 8.1 (which are available for all the NUC kits, but not this one...) is the culprit.

Thanks Intel! Please get it done ASAP.

HvanD1
Beginner

Besides that, in Windows 8, all my drivers where up to date. But after the upgrade to windows 8.1 in device management there's now an exclamation mark next to Sm Bus controller. (searched and found i'm not the only one...) Uninstalling, reinstalling drivers won't help. Im using the latest .INF set for the chipset.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

HugoXa4, could you try the following drive? The Intel® Trusted Execution Engine (Intel® TXE) driver replaces the Intel ME drivers. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23415&ProdId=3782&lang=eng&OSVersion... Download Center