Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DP55KG High pitched sound coming from the board

Did a quick search and couldn't find any info on this.

I have a high pitched sound comming from the board. I first thought it was one of the fans. I unplugged all the fans and the hard drives and the sound remains.

I an not RMA the board since my 30 days are up.

Anyone had this issue?

Thanks

DP55KG

i5 750

Corsair H50 cpu cooler

4gb Corsair Dominator pc3-12800

Antec P180

OCZ 700w ps

ATI HD5670

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Since the motherboard does not have any movable parts it is very unlikely that the motherboard makes that noise, it could be the processor fan, so I would recommend testing the processor and fan/heatsink in another motherboard to see if the issue follows this itmes.

MWong22
New Contributor II

this problem is quite rare to others esp you.. however i have encounter many times..

if that the case..

pls RMA the Mainboard to Intel asap.

pls tell Customer Service about the problem too..

idata
Community Manager

Thanks fir the replies guys, I just got the phone with tech support and there was no problem getting a replacement board. I did a little more research found a couple more posts with this same issue. BTW, I got m board from Newegg just over a month ago. I just didn't have time to build my system until a few days ago so when I realized what the problem was, it was already too late to exchange it, thats what I get for procrastinating.. I hope I don't get another whining board lol.

MWong22
New Contributor II

ps: the whinning sound is coming out from one of the crystal fix on your mainboard. perhaps it is a faulty crystal.

idata
Community Manager

Update

Yup... It was the board. I finally got a replacement las week and noise is no more.