Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

DSA Service running on a NUC10i5FNH downloads endlessly from AKAMAI but never saves a file to the hard drive. What to do about this?

I have confirmed by Wireshark that the traffic is between an AKAMAI IP address and my NUC 's LAN IP address. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer.exe, but this did not solve the problem. My work-around for this is to use SysInternals AutoRuns to prevent dsaservice.exe and dsaupdateservice.exe from loading. This stops the endless internet chatter, but now I do not have a workable Intel update service. How do I remedy this problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Just like windows update. If you disable it, you won't get updates.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

What it is doing is looking to see if there are newer packages available. If you don't like it and are turning off these services, you might as well uninstall the DSA package completely and go back to manual lookup and installation of BIOS and driver packages.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

I now no longer use the IDSA.

IDSA is useless from my point of view, because it gives the user the feedback that all drivers are up-to-date and if you go on to check then Intel offers newer drivers. IDSA usually needs weeks to notice this, often there is a newer driver available until then.

And IDSA eats up resources.

My tip, if you want to use IDSA: Start it manually once a month.

Having it always running in the background is unnecessary.

0 Kudos