Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBerg11
Beginner

DXVA2-driver for Broadwell - Was: Driver crash during HEVC playback w/DXVA2 (resume)

I refer to the discussion "Driver crash during HEVC playback w/DXVA2 (resume)",

/thread/116386 https://communities.intel.com/thread/116386

In my opinion the reply by Intel is clearly insufficient;

It has been demonstrated that the Intel Integrated Graphic Display HD5500 is able to play h.265-videos and it is even possible to skip forward and backward within a video.

So why is it not possible to resume a video at a certain position?

I find it impossible to understand why 'play' and 'resume' are handled different by the driver and 'Hybrid HEVC' sounds more like an excuse than a real technical problem.

Furthermore, especially the 5th generation of Intel NUCs, the Broadwell family, in my view was and is something like a 'gamechanger' / 'breakthrough' within the NUC product line with a correspondingly large user community.

Please reconsider your decision regarding support of hardware accelerated video decoding for the 5th generation!

(I am using an Intel NUC5i3RYK with 2x4 GB Ram, Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro, latest version of Firmware and Graphic card driver updated as of January, 8th).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello malvinas2,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Community. My apologies for the inconvenience.

I just wanted to let you know that the final answer provided in the thread you mentioned was provided by one of our Graphics Engineers, at this stage what he mentioned there is our stand regarding this matter, but I will send your concern to the proper department for review. I hope it will be reconsidered.

Regards,

Amy C.

DChap3
Novice

So with this being an acknowledged bug that you are refusing to fix and some of our devices are still under warranty can we return them for an unaffected model?

MBerg11
Beginner

Hello Amy,

I received a mail saying:

Our records show the following regarding your recent support request:Case # :7003206164Case Opened:Thursday, January 11, 2018Case Completed:Monday, January 29, 2018Case Completed By:Amy

What does this mean, "Case completed" ?

Regards, Matthias

idata
Community Manager

Hi Matthias,

This is just to reference that you created a thread in our Community and that there was a reply to it.

Regards,

Amy C.