Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HLeen
Beginner

Did anyone purchased their NUC product from an Intel authorized reseller?

Intel refuses to replace a NUC I purchase from Amazon a year ago(was advertised as new). The reason being that something is wrong with the serial# and sa# and therefore the unit is out of warranty and Amazon is not an Intel authorized reseller.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MRoss5200
New Contributor III

You might check with the company who sold it through Amazon. NUCs have a (3) year warranty so the company who sold it should honor that.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @HLeen​ ,

Check warranty coverage for your NUC here: https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo?lang=en-US

Leon

HLeen
Beginner

I did get in touch with the company who sold it toe thru Amazon. Intel told me that the unit was "scrapped and sold in bulk reclamation sale" so I'm not all that comfortable in getting a relacement unit from them. I wrote them that the only replacement I accept is a brand new similar product. When I plug the sn# and sa# in Intel'2 warranty utility, it does not find anything. So intel washes it hands so far because I did not buy it from an authorized reseller. That's the reason I posed the question on this forum. Did anyone who purchase a NUC bought it from an authorized reseller?

PeterNUC
New Contributor I

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the warranty. I bought mine from Amazon: "Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc" and Intel does find my unit and indicates the expected warranty period. So, I guess, Amazon can be considered as an "authorized reseller".

Best, Peter

HLeen
Beginner

Peter, according to Intel's website they have a very limited list of authorized resellers. And Amazon is not listed there. I think Amazon would have handled the situation better than this outfit, however they don't even seem to bother to look into it whether or not this company is committing fraud or not under the Amazon Market place umbrella. They take automatically the reseller's side. Well, I'm not done with them yet. Thank for your reply

PeterNUC
New Contributor I

Yes, some sellers on the Amazon Marketplace can be deceptive. But Amazon itself, as a seller seems to be pretty reliable. Wish you good luck.