Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DD2
Beginner

Displayport lag with NUC8i7HVK

Hello,Just picked up a NUC8I7HVK. I have two displays connected to HDMI, and I bought a MiniDisplay port to HDMI cable for a 3rd monitor. However when I plug just the cable into the NUC MiniDisplay port, windows hiccups/lags off and on. I can move the mouse around for a few seconds, then everything freezes for a second or two, and repeats. I then connect a working monitor to the HDMI end of the cable. Windows detects the monitor but nothing appears on it, and the system hiccups continue.

I'm certain the monitor works, and the intel driver app says everything is up to date. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Hhmmm, sounds like a bad mDP-to-HDMI cable.

...S

hubick
New Contributor II

Yeah, I'm wondering if I may also be experiencing this. I was using a DP to HDMI adapter (Club3D). At the time, I thought it was part of the /thread/126779 issue with my Thunderbolt Dock, but this is making me think it's maybe a separate issue. It feels like the system is in a loop disconnecting and reconnecting the display or something? I think the AMD driver still has issues with hotplugging some displays.

DD2
Beginner

Found this thread on my issue and fixed it.

The recommended driver wasn't installing properly, it seems because the updated driver has an older date. I went into Device Manger, under System devices, and uninstalled the driver. It was either called "TPS65988" or "TI USB Type-C/Power delivery controller". I uninstalled, including the option to delete the files on the computer. Rebooted and ran this install:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27721/NUCs-USB-Type-C-Power-Delivery-Controller-for-Intel-... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27721/NUCs-USB-Type-C-Power-Delivery-Controller-for-Intel-...

Seems to work now.

idata
Community Manager

I have never been able to get this device to work.

I have tried every possible combination of uninstalling, re-installing, and disabling.

Every time I re-boot the same driver is reinstalled, 1.0.2.6 dated 2018-04-13.

Under deice status I have the following,

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Wonder if its a hardware issue.

DD2
Beginner

Did you make sure you check the box to delete the files while uninstalling? I probably re-started 20 times myself, and the thread I posted suggested sometimes it can take a few times before it sticks. Try every little thing possible, for example:

-use the version in the link I posted

-delete files while uninstalling

-uninstall, then re-install, then reboot

-uninstall, then reboot, then re-install

-try with/without any cables/devices plugged into any usb slots

It may be a hardware issue but since others have had the exact same error and fixed it, it might just require a few more tries.

idata
Community Manager