Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASukh
Beginner

Does NUC6CAYH support one memory card 8 GB?

Hello. I just bought NUC6CAYH. I installed one memory card 8GB (8 chips on each side = density 4 Gb) in lowest socket, closest to the mainboard, also tried other socket - power led is solid, but there is no image on monitor via hdmi or vga.

If I took off memory card - power led is blink 3 times in a row - also no image.

in specs "Support for up to 8 GB of system memory with two SO-DIMMs" - so I should use 2 cards with 4GB to make 8GB total, not one card with 8 GB?

NUC6CAYH doesn't support one memory card 8GB?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The fact that the SODIMM has 16 DRAM ICs may indicate that these DRAM ICs utilize 2Gb memory technology, which is not supported by this NUC. My general rule of thumb has been "if it has 16 DRAM ICs, don't use it". Anyway, as Leon indicated, we need to know the full part number for your SODIMM so that we can confirm this (one way or the other)...

...S

ASukh
Beginner

SODIMM Patriot Memory PSD38G1600L2S 8gb

caption on chips "PM512M8D3BU-125 1743BB0707"

ASukh
Beginner

If the problem were with the density of the memory, then there would be an error message - but no image on monitor at all.

I inserted other 4GB memory card - there was image on monitor.

In local shop I can buy this memory card - Apacer DV.08G2K.KAM 8GB, Kingston HX316LS9IB/8 8GB - will it work?

edit: I found in other local shop Kingston KVR16LS11/8 8GB - it's from list with supported memory - nuc started with this memory.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Unfortunately, the error message is not always displayed. Sticking with memory on the compatibility list is recommended.

...S

ASukh
Beginner

Patriot Memory PSD38G1600L2S 8GB.

I checked this memory card in other computer - it works.