Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Does NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon can be used as HDMI ARC receiver?

Hi,

I have following setup at home:

1. NUC6i7KYK connected to LG 55UH605V TV with HDMI High speed with Ethernet cable, resolution 3840 x 2160 at 60Hz.

2. NUC6i7KYK audio out is connected to my Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound via Toslink (Optical output).

3. My TV LG 55UH605V is ARC capable on HDMI3 port.

Mostly I use NUC for watching movies and listen to music but occasionally I use Netflix app or Youtube app on my TV, I configured the the TV to transfer audio over the HDMI (ARC) but I can't configure NUC to be a receiver and to transfer audio from my TV to my Logitech Z-5500 sound system. Am I missing something? Please help.

I have all latest drivers updated from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89187/?_ga=2.190083115.1218038951.1496923773-1120854181.149... Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK also BIOS latest version 0048 and HDMI Firmware 2.0

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi lukas77: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® NUC communities.

In order to provide the most accurate response to your inquiry, I will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any information I will post all the details on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi lukas77:

I am not an expert on HDMI (ARC) but my understanding is that HDMI (ARC) works as long as all devices are HDMI connected and ARC capable with the idea of not only transmitting data but also simplifying the ability to use one remote for all of your connected devices' most common functions.

I also checked on the NUC specifications are there is no reference to ARC compliance, see below HDMI specifications:

The HDMI port supports standard, enhanced, or high definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable. The port is compatible with all ATSC and DVB HDTV standards and supports eight full range channels at 24-bit/96 kHz audio of lossless audio formats. The maximum supported resolution is 4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz, 24 bpp. The HDMI port is compliant with the HDMI 2.0 specification.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi rguevara

I'm not sure if I understood but I think you are referring to HDMI (CEC) which allow to use one remote, I was referring to HDMI (ARC) capability which supposed to transfer audio from my TV to the computer using HDMI cable.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/hdmi-arc-explained-works-care/ https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/hdmi-arc-explained-works-care/

Regards

Lukasz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello,

May be I'm missing something, but I do not understand the full scenario.

ARC function is, as far as I understand, send audio via HDMI from TV to a audio device (like AVR)

In this case, how audio will be reproduced with high quality if HDMI is already connected to TV and then you cannot get HDMI audio output?

I think that this technology cannot be applied in this case

Just my thoughts.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi lukas77:

As far I am aware of, ARC is not supported by the NUC.

I work for Intel Customer Support and I will take this "feature request" up to the team for future product enhancements but for now this functionality is not supported.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you for clarification, it would be a great feature.

0 Kudos