Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Does NUC7PJYH support 4K video with Netflix ?

Someone say: Gemini Lake can support 4K video with Netflix.

I bought a Intel NUC7PJYH, and I only could see HD video on Netflix.

All drivers and BIOS have updated to the latest. What do I miss ?

BTW, I have another NUC -- NUC7i5BNH, it can see the UHD with Netflix app.

NUC7i5BNH = OK

NUC7PJYH = NG

Thanks for your help and have a nice day.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team, KOBSS. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Allow me to share with the HDMI* 2.0a port of the NUC will support 4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz, 24 bpp. Please make sure that you are using an HDMI* 2.0 cable connected to an HDMI* 2.0 port. In addition, please keep in mind that for you to get 4K the NUC needs to meet the following: Video decode hardware acceleration supporting H.265/HEVC @ Level 5.1 8b/10b, H.264 @ Level 5.2, MPEG2, MVC, VC-1, WMV9, JPEG, VP8 and VP9 formats. cf. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC7xJY_TechProdSpec.pdf Intel® Technical Product Specification of NUC7PJYH, page 20, section 1.5.1.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I know about HDMI 2.0 and I also have monitors, cables, and other devices to fulfill it.

I said: I have another NUC -- NUC7i5BNH, it's okay to stream UHD video with Netflix.

All of the conditions will be the same, NUC7i5BNH can see UHD, but NUC7PJYH only can see HD.

I think NUC7PJYH should not support 4K Netflix, BUT someone refute me.

Please let me know it can do or not.

Thanks and have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, KOBSS. Thank you for your response.

As previously mentioned, for the NUC to stream 4K on Netflix, the video needs to meet Video decode hardware acceleration supporting H.265/HEVC @ Level 5.1 8b/10b, H.264 @ Level 5.2, MPEG2, MVC, VC-1, WMV9, JPEG, VP8 and VP9 formats. I will review our documentation to give an official answer. I will be back to you soon.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
Highlighted